Google Play Music... how do I STOP it?

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Tried this out today and could not find an option to QUIT. I had to power off to get out of the app. Is there a secret?

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
It is now, since most recent update, is always running in the background. You can disable it if you don't use it much. You may have to uninstall updates first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

singon69

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
If you are roored you could freeze the app with TiBu and check how the ohone behaves with the app frozen and decide what to do from there. I had frozen and uninstalled the app before on my Sensation 4G with no troubles at all, but try for yourself.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I use GSam Battery app to monitor which apps use what specific percent battery. After the latest update, Google Music was using a fairly large amount of battery, considering I don't even use Google Music. So I went to my apps section, uninstalled the update and then Disabled the app. That put a stop to the battery drain. I use Power amp and store all my music locally on my Micro SD card.

Sent from my Droid Razr MAXX HD.

Ronnie_hawk

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I did the same thing that KMF1 suggested...uninstalled the updates, completed a Force Stop, and then disabled the app. It reverted to the "Music" app in my app list and I'm going to make sure that I don't allow any updates for that thing. What a piece???

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: PowerAmp...does the app have an exit button, or will it always be running in the background?

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
OK... I uninstalled the updates. Now I don't even see the app. How do I disable it? I'm not rooted. Thanks.

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
OK... I uninstalled the updates. Now I don't even see the app. How do I disable it? I'm not rooted. Thanks.

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD

Go to your application manager in your settings. Then, click the 'all' tab and find Google play music. Click on it and click disable.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Lisele

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Had the same problem. Fixed it by pressing the sound button down to Vibrate. When brought the sound back on again, the music had stopped. Et voilà!