Battery Draining Significantly Faster

sparko24

May 8, 2013
Visit site
So over the past 2 weeks or so, my battery has started to drain a lot faster than it had been since I got the phone. I used to be able to go about 2 days on a charge, now I am struggling to get 24 hours out of it.

For example, it has been 12 hours since I have charged it and I am now at 45% battery. I haven't added any new apps lately so not sure why all of a sudden there was such a drastic drop.

The breakdown of the battery usage is below. My screen has only been on for 1 hour and 46 minutes and the brightness is set somewhere between 15-25%. I use wifi whenever it is available.

Screen - 44%
Android OS - 19%
Phone Idle - 14%
Cell Standby - 5%
Text Messaging - 3%
Android System - 2%
Apps - 8%

Anyone else encounter something like this or have any insight into what might be causing this?

Thanks.

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what apps you have updated, but updates to Google Now, Google Maps, gmail, and Google Hangouts could be the cause. Messing with some settings, such as syncing and location history, could help.

Or any updates in general - once in a while an update will cause an app to go rogue until the developer catches it and fixes it.

bkasting

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else encounter something like this or have any insight into what might be causing this?

I've also noticed my battery draining much faster over the past couple of weeks. No new apps have been added. pegs520 answer makes sense. Hopefully if it is a rogue app update, it will be fixed soon. I'd like to go back to two days on a charge...

laredo04

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
So over the past 2 weeks or so, my battery has started to drain a lot faster than it had been since I got the phone. I used to be able to go about 2 days on a charge, now I am struggling to get 24 hours out of it.

For example, it has been 12 hours since I have charged it and I am now at 45% battery. I haven't added any new apps lately so not sure why all of a sudden there was such a drastic drop.

The breakdown of the battery usage is below. My screen has only been on for 1 hour and 46 minutes and the brightness is set somewhere between 15-25%. I use wifi whenever it is available.

Screen - 44%
Android OS - 19%
Phone Idle - 14%
Cell Standby - 5%
Text Messaging - 3%
Android System - 2%
Apps - 8%

Thanks.

laredo04

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi there. I too began having an issue w my battery only lasting about 24hrs after the first two weeks of owning the phone. I really only make calls and text w it. So I downloaded the app battery doctor that works quit well, I still don't get the two days I did from it. Its a great app for killing apps. The app should be the first to pop up the icon is a green battery. Have u come across any other tips or solutions??

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten so tired of all the issues, I did a reset and denied all updates. So, I'm running flat stock right now without a single update to single application and all has been well this week. I've had a 14 hour day so far today and I'm at 54%.

My hunch is that Maps was killing me. Poor battery life, slow, crashes. More than I could tolerate. Gone back to bare stock. Haven't even added twitter or facebook yet.