Droid RAZR MAXX HD - O/S Update Killed Phone

BuggySue

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Updated my O/S when prompted about four hours ago. Phone was fine until 15 minutes ago. It was sitting on my desk when the display suddenly went dark, and the bluetooth earpiece disconnected. It did not appear to be a reboot, because the green indicator light continued to blink. I tried holding down the power button to force a reboot, but no luck. Anyone else having this problem? Perhaps this is my opportunity to dump the phone. The bluetooth is so weak it is nearly unusable compared to my old Droid. I can't even put it in a purse or pocket without hearing unacceptable static, and I can't walk more than five feet away from the phone. I rarely get more than 1-2 bars, even though I use the same Verizon service, and my old Droid gave me 4-5 bars consistently. My husband has the same problems with his Droid RAZR MAXX HD. Is this typical?

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Even if you still can't see the display, try holding the power and volume down buttons at the same time to reset the phone. I had this happen to me once and it was still able to reset and worked fine after a reboot.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hope you get it back running but the Bluetooth thing is interesting. I have a class1 Motorola S705 Stereo head set that has a possible range of 300ft and in the past I've been able to achieve that but recently I've been having problems going beyond 15ft. I figured there was something wrong with the headset and haven't ruled that out but now wondering if anything has changed in the bluetooth of the phone for anyone else.

Posted using the amazing Razr MaxxHD by Motorola.

anon(916519)

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
My Plantronics Pro crackles with BT, and this update didn't help the issue. Its the RAZR because it doesn't crackle with my other phone.

Update: BT crackles when the headset initiates contact with the phone. If the phone initiates there is no crackling.

Last edited:

dlramom

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem over the last 2 weeks - phone goes dark and can't be turned back on. Have to hold start button and low side of volume button down for several seconds and than just the start button to get the phone to boot up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Plaz

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem over the last 2 weeks - phone goes dark and can't be turned back on. Have to hold start button and low side of volume button down for several seconds and than just the start button to get the phone to boot up.

Does this happen randomly or it's it related to a specific action? Since the last update, I've found that if I power off the phone while it's plugged into a charger, it will fail to power back on 100% of the time. In which case I have to do the force reset as you described. Very frustrating.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

dlramom

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Random occurrence while not powered off but of the last 2 times that I powered down to recharge, the last time it would not boot up until I reset it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

chadillac3

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
The O/S update actually made it so my co-worker and I's phones would both not connect to 4G, although it would show it was connected. Did factory reset and still didn't fix it for either of us. Thankfully we both had the TEP so we both got "new" phones.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci