Battery Life

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
So I originally bought this phone for the battery life. But now it's barely getting me through a work day. All I've used it for was to listen to a locally stored podcast this morning and used the GPS to get to work, it was on the charger the entire time. Google Play music is saying it used 65% of the power, didn't touch the app once today. Anyone have any thoughts? Am I trying to avoid the inevitable of just factory resetting?

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It could be just a problem with the Google Play Music app. There have been issues with the app running in the background constantly, and constantly using data.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you should be able to Uninstall Updates to the Google Play Music app, in the app setting. Then, you can disable the app. Try this out, and see if your battery is any better.

And if you need an alternate music player, you could get something like Playerpro, Poweramp, Now Playing, Winamp, etc.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue when I upgraded the Google Play Music app a few months ago. My battery started draining quicker and my GSAM battery monitor app said that the Google Music app was the main culprit. This was surprising, especially since I had not even opened the Google Music app at all after the update. I wonder if I had actually opened the app and used it then maybe the battery drain would have stopped. Perhaps the music app is trying to connect to Google servers in the background and because I had not used the app intentionally it was "stuck" and thus kept draining my battery.

Anyway, I don't use the Google Music cloud services and have my music on my Micro SD card. So I uninstalled any updates for Google Music, then I disabled the app. Battery drain was fixed.

I use Power Amp for my music on my card and Spotify for everything else.

Sent from my Droid Razr MAXX HD.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I have Power Amp, but I didn't wanna have to use 2 applications for music. So I switch soley to Google Music. The app and service is great, it's weird how it's acted recently. But I've had other problems with the phone so it could be completely unrelated. I'm getting rid of this phone in a few weeks and getting the S4, Motorola is dead to me I think :(. I've had nothing but problems with their phones, except the OG Droid.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. Just so you know, you can get almost the same experience with Spotify as you can with Google Music All Access.... In case you experience more problems with Google Music on another phone.

Sent from my Droid Razr MAXX HD.

WelshMedusa

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm having similar issues and I have to believe it has something to do with an upgrade (or the battery has outlived it's usefulness in 5 months) that was made because I literally don't use my phone for anything but the occasional text message or phone call which is very rare.

When I first got my phone the battery would last 3-4 days easily without me having to recharge - and I recharged when the battery was around 50%.

Now it can't get through 24 hours without dying. Again I'm not using it so what's draining the battery? The wi-fi is on, I don't have a data plan, but I'm only connected when I'm at home. I use the power saving mode and the display brightness is very low. I've gotten rid of a twitter app hoping that would help - no affect. (I wasn't using it anyway.)

My battery screen indicates that the Android OS is using 42% of the battery which is quite high for a phone that sits in a bag for 95% of the day.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Welsh, I think you may need a factory reset...you could also try clearing the cache to see if that helps but I'm not sure it will.

Android OS shows 5% of battery use for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan