Low Ram

Brad Roy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if some of you could post your current amount of RAM being used and the amount remaining. My Droid Razr Maxx HD has become very sluggish. It works great after a reboot, but it doesn't take long at all for it to start running very slow. When I check my RAM being used (on SETTINGS > APPS > RUNNING) right now I have 634 MB used and 197 MB free. I have seen my free RAM go has low as 50 or 60 when my phone is slow. Is anyone else experiencing similar results. I am not running an outlandish amount of APPS and am unsure of what to do.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1374981019140.jpg
This is pretty standard for me. Any app in particular using up a lot more than others?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Plaz

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine says 658MB used and 165MB free. This is after an hour or more of fairly heavy usage.

I have had some cases where the phone seems to go into 'slow mode' which a reboot doesn't seem to solve, but I assume it's network related.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine is showing 153 GB free, have been using it for about an hour and a half so far today. My phone is always responsive and snappy.

Sent from my Razr Maxx HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta.

Brad Roy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine is showing 153 GB free, have been using it for about an hour and a half so far today. My phone is always responsive and snappy.

Do you mind me asking what home replacement you are using? I am using NOVA. I also use Handcent for texting. I don't have a ton of apps installed, so I need to find out what on my phone is causing the problem. My phone is definitely not snappy.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you mind me asking what home replacement you are using? I am using NOVA. I also use Handcent for texting. I don't have a ton of apps installed, so I need to find out what on my phone is causing the problem. My phone is definitely not snappy.

I'm using Nova Launcher. I don't have Hand Cent installed. You might want to put your phone into safe mode and see how it runs. If it runs nice and fast I'd go back to normal mode and disable as many apps as possible then turn one of them on, run the phone, if it still runs fast activate another app, retry, etc. until you find the offensive app that is slowing down your phone.

Safe mode instructions:

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=66528

JFH8

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This is fairly typical for my RMHD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1375033888199.jpg
    1375033888199.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 71

MDsmartphone

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I have an original RAZR maxx and had the same problem. I disabled HD widgets, yahoo email, outlook email, and the worst offender- Facebook. What a difference. Much better.

Re Facebook in my opinion it is a waste of space on our phones..I switched to the mobile website and it works faster

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX, but webOS is always in me...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I seldom have more than 80 kb available and it often drops lower than 50.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma