Razr Maxx HD Freezing after 9.18.79 OTA

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm having random freezes after the update for the Razr Maxx HD. No reboots. I'm 100% stock. This is happening at least twice a day. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I never had this issue before the ota. I know people were experiencing it before the update rolled out but don't know of anyone else experiencing it now on this new build. It also seems to happen after or during a call.

Thank you

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset? This can fix some issues that occur after updates. It should be under backup and reset in your settings menu.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm having them too and it pisses me off to have to do a factory reset after every update. I always loose some data even though I'm using back up and you have to freakin set back up all the accounts. Just tired of updates.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

dlramom

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
By freezing do you mean turns off and can't be turned w/o resetting? My phone has been doing that for about 2 weeks now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

cmajpwc

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I went to Verizon with this same issue and they gave me a clnr. Got to my house with the old software, so I rooted/unlocked it and took the update after making sure it wasn't going to restart. I've had the phone for a few days now and no issue at all, even after the OTA. At least now if it starts I have a way out.

dgrimm25

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, I haven't had my phone "freeze" but I am experiencing a 3-5 second delay from the time I interact with the phone to when the phone "responds". For example, if I'm trying to get back to the home screen, I'll touch the home button and it will 3-5 seconds for the home screen to appear. This also happens when typing or really any other sort of interaction. At this point, I can't wait to get rid of this phone.

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Guys, root your damn phones. Verizon doesn't care, Motorola doesn't care, and asurian doesn't care. After you root, you can install crossbreeder or supercharger, the incredible vanquish puppies kernel, or even a faster ROM. it makes me sick to see purple complain about a slow phone when they refuse to leave stock. rooting has been the best trick to speed up a slow phone for a long time now.

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

dgrimm25

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Guys, root your damn phones. Verizon doesn't care, Motorola doesn't care, and asurian doesn't care. After you root, you can install crossbreeder or supercharger, the incredible vanquish puppies kernel, or even a faster ROM. it makes me sick to see purple complain about a slow phone when they refuse to leave stock. rooting has been the best trick to speed up a slow phone for a long time now.

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

Can you provide a link to specific instructions to root? I'm running 4.1.2

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Try a HARD reset - that can cure just about anything that isn't fatal ....

Press and hold the volume switch (both) and the power switch at the same time until the screen goes black (be patient, it will do it). THEN, let go of the power switch until the red "M" shows up. Let go. Your phone will reboot. This is the equivalent of a battery pull in the "old days."

The so-called "soft reset" is simply turning off and turning back on using the power button. Sometimes that works, but often it takes the hard reset. Do this BEFORE you do a Factory Data Reset, which should be the last resort.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12