Any shell with holster recommendations?

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a Razr Maxx HD and am looking for shell w/holster recommendations.

I had the Motorola shell w/holster and kickstand on my Droid X2 and was really happy with it. I wanted to get the same thing for my Maxx HD but when I went to the Verizon store every one I tried did not fit my phone correctly. The phone would not snap securely into the shell, leaving the buttons almost hidden by the shell and the whole thing was extremely tight in the holster. All the boxes were marked FOR Razr Maxx HD. Despite some reviews on Amazon claiming the same problems I ordered one just to see if it would fit, but experienced the same problem. It too was listed as being for the Razr Maxx HD. I'm wondering if there was some type of manufacturing snafu that sent out a bunch of holsters for the Razr HD boxed in Razr Maxx HD?
Has anyone else experienced this?

So now I'm looking for a substitute. I don't always want to carry my phone in my pocket and need the holster, plus having the shell gives it a little protection for bumps and drops.
Any recommendations?

TIA

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[h=1]OEM Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Hd Shell Combo W/holster & Kickstand Xt926[/h]Amazon.com: OEM Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Hd Shell Combo W/holster & Kickstand Xt926: Cell Phones & Accessories

9.99 Amazon. I'd never pay the $40 in the store... Works fine for me...Might even find them cheaper. This is just the first handy link I saw.

Thanks, that's the one I ordered but it didn't fit quite right. If you look at the reviews it would appear I'm not the only one who had this problem. That's what makes me wonder if the manufacturer put out a bad batch?

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I think I may give that one a try. The only thing that scared me off was the Amazon reviews where quite a few people complained that the clip broke off quite easily.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Seidio a while. By the scuffs and scrapes on it, you can say it's surely done it's job protecting the phone. The holster has held up well, too. As a case and holster, it's a very good product.

Coming from a Thunderbolt, I have to say the kickstand on this is kinda comical. It works when the phone is laying on its side. Not a chance when it's standing up.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Until I purchased the Otterbox Defender in camo, I was using the Seidio Spring Clip and an Otterbox Commuter case (fit like a glove)...had this combo on my HTC One X and BB Bold 9900 also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Will do. This site is such a great resource for info. I need to start using it to buy my accessories.
I used a rubber shell from VZW when first purchased. But now i have nothing on it. I have grown so tired of having a phone on my hip that now it goes into my front pocket unless i am getting in and out of fire trucks. work phone goes into back pocket since it is a casio gzone 2 bleh i cant stand that phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1