For those complaining about the poor quality of the stock Maxx HD camera app ... here's an interesting little setting buried in the Camera App's settings.

The default setting is 6 mp, despite the camera having 8 mp capabillities. You can change it to 8 mp -

Camera > settings (the gear) > Widescreen > 8 mp

The 6 mp setting is to match the screen size and also enable easy emailing, texting and social network posting. Note that if you have the 8 mp setting on, you will get a message that the photo has to be reduced in size to fit in the email, text and upload parameters. Don't forget Dropbox app for transferring full-size files. The quality is a quantum improvement at 8 mp, possibly eliminating the need for a 3rd party camera app.
    08-27-2013 04:07 PM
    Good tip! Whenever I get a new device, I always look through every menu and setting to see what sorts of tweaks and adjustments are possible.
    08-27-2013 05:45 PM
    Yes this is a good find. But the only thing i could notice between the two picture settings was the size of the pic. I tried two in low light and two in normal daylight, both looked to be the same quality.
    08-30-2013 05:08 AM
    Yes this is a good find. But the only thing i could notice between the two picture settings was the size of the pic. I tried two in low light and two in normal daylight, both looked to be the same quality.
    Try the app Camera FV5 if you are serious about photography with the DRMH. You'll still have to use the native camera app for vids, but FV5 is excellent quality (good in low light, but not perfect) and has many manual settings including stability control and independent focus and exposure settings.
    11-11-2013 12:56 PM