Any app that will show percentage of battery in top notification bar?

Malchore

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know of an app or widget that will display the percentage of battery remaining, and display it in the very very top notification status bar next to the battery indicator? I'd really like to get rid of my Battery Solo Widget that I'm currently using. The widget itself is fine, but I'd like to use that 1x1 screen slot for another widget, and get rid of Battery Solo Widget.

Screenshot_2013-09-23-15-21-35.png

In the picture, I inserted a little red arrow pointing at the battery indicator icon. I've seen other phones from other manufacturers that display a numeric percentage next to it. Anyone find anything like that for the Moto RAZR HD line?

Last edited:

swany1970

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
In the notification bar yes. But I don't know of one that will be in that location unless you're rooted. HD widgets have that option in the settings. Also you can take a look at GSam battery monitor. There's an option in that as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Swany1970 is right about HD Widgets. It shows the percentage in the top left hand side of the notification bar. Is there no option in the display settings that gives you the same option. I have it on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Maybe it depends on the version of Android running........

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Malchore

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Ichi - I don't think it's the Android version. (I'm on Android 4.1.2 if it matters, 9.18.79.XT926 Verizon for the specific carrier version) I don't think I've ever seen it on any Motorola device before. So I think it's a manufacturer thing. All the Samsungs I've seen have it. And all the iPhones I've seen have it. And I don't have any options in my display settings for it. (In fact, I have very few options in my display settings.)

Ok I'll look into HD Widgets. thanks.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ichi - I don't think it's the Android version. (I'm on Android 4.1.2 if it matters, 9.18.79.XT926 Verizon for the specific carrier version) I don't think I've ever seen it on any Motorola device before. So I think it's a manufacturer thing. All the Samsungs I've seen have it. And all the iPhones I've seen have it. And I don't have any options in my display settings for it. (In fact, I have very few options in my display settings.)

Ok I'll look into HD Widgets. thanks.

Motorola doesn't support it. Samsung does support it. I use GSAM Battery Indicator and it does have an option to overlay the standard icon but it overlaps the clock. I use it in the top left corner.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Kind of ridiculous that at this stage they haven't allowed us the option of the % beside the battery from stock. Maybe Apple has some sort of rights to it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm...... Yeah. You're right. Probably just a TouchWiz thing. It should be a stock Android feature though.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm...... Yeah. You're right. Probably just a TouchWiz thing. It should be a stock Android feature though.

I've actually heard others say it is a stock Android feature but Motorola removes it. Don't hold me to that though. Anyone with a Nexus that can confirm or deny this?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned, GSam battery will put it in the notification panel. Notification Toggles has the option as well and adds useful tools to the notification shade.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
This super annoys me too. It was one of the things I liked better about the G2 (small of a thing as it is). The phone can obviously calculate it so why don't they enable it???? Even though I'm sure 3rd party battery apps don't take up that much memory, CPU power, it would have to be more efficient for the phone to just natively display it. I use Battery Notifier Pro and like it because it puts nice large numbers up there.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Here is what it looks like.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380419934067.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380419934067.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 19

Malchore

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for you suggestions. I downloaded GSam and like it a lot. I used one of the battery notifications in the upper left of the status bar, but it was tiny. I finally got rid of it. I can easily pull down the notification bar from the lock screen and take a peek at the percentage. Works well for me.

But I may have to take a closer look at HD Widgets. I noticed they have a power control bar in the notification pull-down. I can get rid of that power bar across the top of my home screen and have more room for widgets!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze