Update? Those who need an update fix.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone knows when this phone will see is next update, I'm an update junky and love getting a new version of android every now and then.

ajc312

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Motorola's Upgrade News Page currently says: "This device is currently running Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). Stay tuned for an upgrade decision."

I think when I checked this a month or two ago it said the phone would remain on 4.1.2. So I'm thinking this is an improvement.

We live in hope...

http://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Will... Guess I'll have to use this update sparingly for my update fix. Maybe they will decide to update, I feel confident this phone can handle it.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Motorola just posted on their software update page that there is a "Future plan coming soon" for the Razr HD and the Razr Maxx HD. This is very positive news. Thank you Motorola!

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Motorola just posted on their software update page that there is a "Future plan coming soon" for the Razr HD and the Razr Maxx HD. This is very positive news. Thank you Motorola!

Or it could mean they're making up their minds only to still say no to an update.

Just kinda feel like this phone was abandoned after the release of the new DROID's. It's a shame because it's a great phone and only about a year old.

Posted via Android Central App

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Or it could mean they're making up their minds only to still say no to an update.

Just kinda feel like this phone was abandoned after the release of the new DROID's. It's a shame because it's a great phone and only about a year old.

I love my maxxHD, and would be satisfied with 4.3 but if we get stuck on 4.1.2 that is a major screw job IMO that would lead me away from moto in the future.

|[JTC MaxxHD]|

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I really don't see us getting another update. Yes these phones could handle it but since the new line is already out and another possibly in the pipeline, I think this is where we will stay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I love my maxxHD, and would be satisfied with 4.3 but if we get stuck on 4.1.2 that is a major screw job IMO that would lead me away from moto in the future.

|[JTC MaxxHD]|

I'd be happy with 4.2 at this point. Or at least unlock the bootloader for us.
I agree, if it's left out in the cold, it most likely will be the last time I buy Moto

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I really don't see us getting another update. Yes these phones could handle it but since the new line is already out and another possibly in the pipeline, I think this is where we will stay.

thats bs IMO...its not like this is the Droid x which is past its time...its the maxx hd and still deserves support...ugh eff moto:mad::thumbdown:

|[JTC MaxxHD]|

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
It was posted on the Motorola software update page that a "Future plan coming soon." So, I believe that we will see 4.3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
It was posted on the Motorola software update page that a "Future plan coming soon." So, I believe that we will see 4.3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

Again, future plan coming soon could mean "no plans to update to 4.4"

All they're saying is they haven't made up their minds yet.

Even if Moto does send an update to Verizon, big red will take their sweet time pushing it out in hopes all of us RMHD owners just go ahead and upgrade to the Maxx. Why would they rush to approve it and possibly lose sales/upgrades.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
If you're anxious for some OS fun and and change, buy Nova launcher. It's SO cool! You can do all sorts of great things that leave the native launcher in the dust. Personally, I don't care if Kit Kat goes to the Razr Maxx HD because chances are it still won't be a great and customizable as Nova is!

BTW - if you DO use Nova, be sure your home pages on the native launcher are totally free of icons. This is so there isn't a double layer of icons fighting with each other. Back up your native launcher first, though, using MyBackupPro. THEN download and activate Nova and have FUN!

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Call me picky but I don't like the white icons in the notification bar on Kit Kat...

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
If you're anxious for some OS fun and and change, buy Nova launcher. It's SO cool! You can do all sorts of great things that leave the native launcher in the dust. Personally, I don't care if Kit Kat goes to the Razr Maxx HD because chances are it still won't be a great and customizable as Nova is!

BTW - if you DO use Nova, be sure your home pages on the native launcher are totally free of icons. This is so there isn't a double layer of icons fighting with each other. Back up your native launcher first, though, using MyBackupPro. THEN download and activate Nova and have FUN!

Not to be a jerk but why has your last 8 posts in this sub forum been all about the nova launcher? we all know about it

electric turd

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I know it may bite me in the @ss but we almost have to get another update. The first droid RAZR is on the same version of android that the HD is on. Would moto really have a phone that came out a year later stay on the same version? Wouldn't make sense at all.

JFH8

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Verizon announced a maintenance update for the XT926 yesterday. Droid Life has an article on this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
if you look at the website in the second post and check out some of the other devices. says they will remain on jb. so here is to a hope

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma