So my maxx hd was in a boot loop after a factory reset. I went to a vzw store and got a certified like-new replacement mailed to my house. While waiting the 3 days for it to get here, I was able to use ADB to fix it. Now my dilemma is do I keep my phone, or the replacement?

Mine is an early one (November 2012), is rooted (but locked), on 9.18.79 or whatever the latest one is. Mint condition body and screen. But I know battery is good and have had it since brand new.

The CLNR is a later build, the body and screen looks mint, the paint on the trim around the screen is better. Likely not rooted, is on 20.1, but I don't know its history, battery condition... Although tge battery likely has gone through less charge cycles.

Stick with what I know, or keep the new one with unknown history but likely newer phone?
    11-04-2013 10:47 PM
    I'm sure by now you've made up your mind. Personally, I would keep the one I've had since it was new. If you are getting a refurb, it had some major issue that caused it to be turned in. That alone would be of some concern. I've had a refurb and it's never as good as the original, especially since you seem to know what you are doing with your devices.
    11-16-2013 05:16 PM
    A refurb device does not mean it had something very wrong with it...if someone returns a device bc they didn't like it after a few days, the device becomes a refurb.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
    11-16-2013 07:17 PM
    I ended up keeping my phone. I decided why mess with what I know and like already. Although the CLNR looked absolutely perfect physically...
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    11-18-2013 03:04 PM
    I ended up keeping my phone. I decided why mess with what I know and like already.
    Good move. I've found CLNR to be a gamble that's not always worth it. Those inspections that they do are pathetic because I can find an issue within minutes. I've had bezels with huge gashes, blown phone speakers, phone couldn't get a signal at all, etc. Nightmare.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk
    t0ked likes this.
    11-18-2013 03:06 PM