Droid RAZR MAXX HD - SetCPU

npong

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone use SetCPU to overclock? Is it work using and which governor do you use for better battery life less lag?

Running Build: 9.8.1Q-79-1

Rooted with Stock OS.

Thanks in advance

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Yes SetCPU is one of the more popular and established CPU/kernel management applications available. Governors, I have always on my devices gone with OnDemand for best performance and battery life. Seems to be what most of the kernel devs set for a stock preference in their kernel setups.

Next, you said your rooted with stock OS. Your aware you need a custom kernel to properly manage and adjust your CPU settings?

Good luck and be careful !

npong

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Yes SetCPU is one of the more popular and established CPU/kernel management applications available. Governors, I have always on my devices gone with OnDemand for best performance and battery life. Seems to be what most of the kernel devs set for a stock preference in their kernel setups.

Next, you said your rooted with stock OS. Your aware you need a custom kernel to properly manage and adjust your CPU settings?

Good luck and be careful !

I know i need to get the bootloader unlocked to get a custom kernel, I tried using Motoapocolypse but that didnt work. My current version is 9.20.1.XT926
Verizon.en.US

If you or someone else could point me to the location for a bootloader unlock for that version it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci