Deleting Home and Work Locations in Google Now...

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
When I switched back to Android and started using Google Now, I set up both my home and work locations. I got into Google Now and access those locations and there's nothing that I can do, at least that I can figure out, to delete those locations and have none. I can edit them but there's no option to delete. Is this even possible once those locations have been set?

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I would try doing that via your computer.

go to the google maps site and click on the gear (should be in the bottom right of the screen) then hit my places. You can delete them in there.

freeoscar

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Just open up Google now, and press the magic wand icon at the bottom of the screen. That brings you to the customization screen. There you'll see places, where you can alter home and work

Posted via Android Central App

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just open up Google now, and press the magic wand icon at the bottom of the screen. That brings you to the customization screen. There you'll see places, where you can alter home and work

I tried that and it only allows me to modify. I'd like to delete them but it's no big deal as I don't have traffic enabled in Google now and keep GPS off unless I'm navigating. I have the Google Wi-Fi/Mobile Network serve as my GPS medium for apps that require it other than Maps.

wibblyw

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
@y2whisper. I now have it deleted from Google Maps, but the home location keeps coming back like a bad penny in Google Now.

I hate the way I keep getting reminded of the "time to home", but value the messages about other locations

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Use the method I posted. Gives you an option to delete.

doesnt work. when i click the gear, it doesnt have my places. thru google now it only modifies, doesnt delete. im trying to get rid of it but cant find a single simple solution. how is google so stupid for making this nearly impossible.

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
When I switched back to Android and started using Google Now, I set up both my home and work locations. I got into Google Now and access those locations and there's nothing that I can do, at least that I can figure out, to delete those locations and have none. I can edit them but there's no option to delete. Is this even possible once those locations have been set?

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
No it'seems not possible at all period. People on this forum state it can be done on the Google maps site and click on the gear icon. Firstly there is no gear icon. It is not possible to delete places on Google now.

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
There is no gear icon on the bottom right of the screen period. Stop giving bad advice. It is not possible to be done period.

MotoXmoto

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Go to Google Maps on a desktop browser. Log-in to Google if you haven't already. Click on the three horizontal bars at the upper left. (I believe this is generally called the "overflow menu" icon.) Click on "Your Places." Click on "Labeled." Each item has an "x" on the right of it. Click an "x" to delete the item.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Has a resolution been found to this? I am having this problem and can't find a way to do it. It's so ******* frustrating.

Again, before people say go to Google Maps. I have NOTHING set or labeled as "Work" in Google Maps, whether I use Mobile or Desktop.

But on Google Now, it randomly added an address that you can only modify. But not remove.

AllynKC

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Has a resolution been found to this? I am having this problem and can't find a way to do it. It's so ******* frustrating.

Again, before people say go to Google Maps. I have NOTHING set or labeled as "Work" in Google Maps, whether I use Mobile or Desktop.

But on Google Now, it randomly added an address that you can only modify. But not remove.

Same issue here. I deleted the work location from maps (on desktop); but that has zero impact on Google Now continuing to show me drive time to my former employer each morning.