camera storage lost

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys any help would be great.
- I had my camera store to SD card, all my pictures are gone of teh direct Camera folder no DCMI file or whatever they are all gone.
ALL my photos are fine that I had in other files. Any suggestions? Would love to get it back.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, not quite understanding what you're saying. You're saying you set the camera to save photos directly to the external SD card? And there is no /DCIM/Camera folder on the external SD card? How are you looking for that folder--are you using a file manager app on your phone, or have you tried removing the SD card (unmounting it first), and inserting it into your computer?

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the "Camera Folder not in my gallery when looking for a picture. Then I went through Astro File Mnager and it wasn't there. The gallery shortcut icon at the top of my camera was black. Yes I have it set to save to SD Card.

tnstra

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
So you looked for a file called "DCIM" under Storage and under SDcard0 and under SDcard1 and theres no DCIM folder which would contain the Camera folder ?.. most times there's a DCIM folder under each location SDcard0 and SDcard1 and depending on where you have selected in the camera app as the default storage location there is where you will find it

Tom

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the "Camera Folder not in my gallery when looking for a picture. Then I went through Astro File Mnager and it wasn't there. The gallery shortcut icon at the top of my camera was black. Yes I have it set to save to SD Card.

As I mentioned above, try unmounting the card first (in Settings>Storage), then remove the SD card and insert it into your computer. Can you find the directory called /DCIM there?

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I unmounted it, the DCIM file is there. All the thumbnails are there but the picture folder is gone and everything I had.
I had the camera to save to SD card.
Any suggestions, is there some type of trash can built into Android or a recovery?

or are they just gone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So you see the /DCIM folder, but no /DCIM/Camera folder? And you've also checked the /DCIM/Camera folder in the Internal Storage as well?

If you ever removed the external SD card without unmounting it first, there's a chance some data can be lost. You could check the LOST.DIR of the SD card, and try adding a .JPG extension to the filenames to see if any of them are your lost pics.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you don't have one, it probably means there hasn't been any lost data on the card.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams