Droid Razr Maxx HD Stock not rooted, Unable to Download ANYTHING

TexasLAW

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
For the last month or so I am completely unable to to download ANYTHING to this phone...not updates, not new apps...nothing!
I followed all of the troubleshooting tips on the Motorola site including clearing cache and data, uninstalling play store updates, rebooting phone, etc.
I have 10.82GB internal storage remaining and 14 on the SD card so it's not for lack of storage! I have uninstalled or disabled everything I don't use very often.
This started with an update that came for the Facebook app. It just hung there and wouldn't download. After trying several things, I uninstalled it completely and now I cannot install ANYTHING new!
Is there anyone oout there who can think of something else I should try, short of a factory reset?
I've had the phone for less than a year and is now just...well...a phone!:(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sounds frustrating. Does the phone otherwise have normal internet access? Do Google apps like Gmail and Calendar work normally, syncing with your Google account?

Tia_831

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
my husbands phone isnt doing anything. no wifi, no apps, no system settings. i told him not to root his droid maxx...HELP!!