DROID RAZR MAXX HD: 4.4.2 KitKat Update

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: KIT KAT!!!

Install appears to have been successful. The first thing that threw me off was the notification bar...no more blue icons/text. At first I thought that it was having trouble connecting to my wifi, but then recalled that Kit-Kat did away with the blue color and it is just white now.

SLeepdepD

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

First impressions after install and reset:

Overall
  • That new Kit Kat UI look.

Settings
  • Tap & Pay. I assume I know what this is, but am not presently interested.
  • Motorola Device ID. Seems to connect your phone to your Google account. It says "We use your Google account for Motorola services such as: Moto Care tips, Lost Phone Portal"
  • Four different vibration patterns, none of which are the old default one.
  • Disabled apps have their own tab instead of being at the bottom of the All tab.

Camera
  • App looks the same, but seems more responsive--but it could just be me. I did just do a factory reset too.
  • Camera button on lock screen.

Messaging
  • Messaging looks refreshed, and Google Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app.

I'm going to reinstall all my apps now.

Last edited:

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site

LED doesn't seem to work as it did before. Previously the LED would flash green when an email was received and I set Handcent to flash blue when a text was received. Now there is no LED for texts and it is white for gmails.

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Looks like the Handcent LED indication is working, just differently than before in that it only blinks when the screen is off.

Gmail LED is still white, though.

Last edited:

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Two questions:

1) When Kit Kat is installed, will the icon layout I presently have be changed? If so, do I need to reinstall all apps?
2) Any feedback on Lightflow with Kit Kat?

droidguy87

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Pretty psyched about this! I love my Razr Maxx HD and am happy to see that Motorola is still keeping up with it! This is why I love Moto!

SLeepdepD

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

Pretty psyched about this! I love my Razr Maxx HD and am happy to see that Motorola is still keeping up with it! This is why I love Moto!

I'm not trying to rub it in, but it's a great improvement! I hope it doesn't take long for the rollout

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

Arrggg. I'm still waiting... I can't wait! I too love my phone and hope it lasts another 2-years before "needing" a new phone. This helps that process.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Two questions:

1) When Kit Kat is installed, will the icon layout I presently have be changed? If so, do I need to reinstall all apps?
2) Any feedback on Lightflow with Kit Kat?

1. I haven't received it yet so I can't say for sure, but from when the phone was new with ICS and then updated to JB, the icons remained exactly where they were. I just bought a used phone for my mother in law, and it wasn't up to date (but wasn't still on ICS) and when it updated, it too left all the icons where they were. No apps needed redownloading.

2. I don't use Lightflow so I can't help you there.

shady_lanem

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Please help! I received the notification update yesterday so I went ahead and update it. But after the installation completed it stuck at the M logo. Anyway to track back to previous version or recovery? :((

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Wonder if Verizon ran into a snag. I've still not gotten the update yet. And I'm not hearing alot of chatter on the forums for the Razr Maxx HD getting the update.