Droid Razr Maxx HD KitKat Update Error

Ben Woodworth

May 21, 2014
Visit site
The KitKat update recently became available for my phone, but I'm having trouble installing it. It downloads successfully, but when the phone restarts and starts to install, an error occurs and the screen shows the green android on its back with an exclamation mark in a red triangle. I tried factory resetting my phone, but the error still occurs. Any idea why this might be happening? Any help is appreciated!

Ben Woodworth

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a Droid Razr Maxx HD, if that means anything.

Me also, whatever tried more than 10 times!
Waiting for solution!:mad:

What phone do you have, and did you ever root it by any chance? What did you use to root it? I rooted my phone and I think that might have changed something internal that is causing the update problem.

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue and when I took it to the Verizon store, they suggested a factory reset. Long story short, after backing everything up and doing the reset and attempting an install I still had no luck, so they're sending me a new handset tomorrow.

JD1993

May 19, 2014
Visit site
On saturaday I went to the verizon shop since I have had the same experience with my phone. We had support on the line and they stated there they know there are multiple issues with rolling out kitkat and then a new release was due out over he next 2-4 weeks to resolve issues like this. I did read on another post about the system version needing to be updated first. I am curious what version people are on and if it does work on another could that be the answer. My Version is 9.18.94.XT926

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance