Stupid question re ART...

djdougd

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a stupid question... After reading some posts re the 4.4.2 upgrade, I had to find out what was ART... which I did... My big question is... Do we assume that this upgrade was done using ART... I do remember watching my phone screen during the upgrade saying that it was optimizing my apps on my phone which seems in line with the ART conversation process... I went looking for the developer options in settings and is not there... Just being curious...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
System updates always include a step where all apps are optimized for the new system. Are you saying you don't have Developer Options at all? If not, then you haven't activated them yet. Go to Settings>About Phone, and tap the Build Number 7 times. It will tell you that you are now a Developer. Go back to the main Settings menu, then select Developer Options, and turn the switch on at the top of the screen. Then tap "Select Runtime" and pick "Use ART." It will reboot your phone, and then you'll see it optimizing your apps again. Keep in mind that some apps might not work on ART.

djdougd

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
System updates always include a step where all apps are optimized for the new system. Are you saying you don't have Developer Options at all? If not, then you haven't activated them yet. Go to Settings>About Phone, and tap the Build Number 7 times. It will tell you that you are now a Developer. Go back to the main Settings menu, then select Developer Options, and turn the switch on at the top of the screen. Then tap "Select Runtime" and pick "Use ART." It will reboot your phone, and then you'll see it optimizing your apps again. Keep in mind that some apps might not work on ART.

Thanks for the info... Seems to be good running ART...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol