Since Kit Kat Everything's Great! (The Non-Complainer's Thread)

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My phone was never laggy or slow. I really didn't have any complaints with it. I've never done a factory reset after getting an OS update but I thought I'd do it this time. Yes, it was somewhat of a hassle reloading my apps but I didn't reload all of them, just the ones I really use a lot. If I need the other ones I can always get them back. Yes, I had to rename my phone and re-pair bluetooth devices. I also changed a bunch of icons and selected a new background wallpaper. It's like a new phone.

A couple of things I've noticed:
There is a new style keypad for the phone dialer. Not better or worse, just different.

The contact list no longer has alphabetical listings in the far right column to quickly jump to a letter. Now there is a vertical slider that does the same function. I'd rather have the alphabetical listings

When I attached my phone to my computer it appears that the USB mass storage function has been restored. Is that correct? (I haven't checked it yet.) If so, that would be a plus.

Yes, the notification light is a bluish-white. Yes, the battery icon, wifi icon, and bluetooth icon in the notification area are white instead of blue. Oh well, I'll get used to it. Besides, I'm already accustomed to that with my Nexus 7 tablet. Note that the bluetooth icon is greyed out unless it is actually connected to another bluetooth device, then it turns white.

To get to Settings by pulling down the window shade now requires three taps on the screen instead of two. OH, THE HORROR!! <jk>

The camera seems faster and the flash seems to be synched to the shutter every time, instead of the approximately 80-90% sync rate with Jelly Bean.

Battery life seems to be the same, maybe slightly better. I remember when I first got my RMHD, I obsessed with battery stats. Now, I understand I'm going to get at least a day and a half out of it, so why bother?

It's hard to express in words, but the phone seems to be a tad faster and a lot smoother. Again, I really didn't have issues before, but now with Kit Kat I can tell a slight improvement in speed and in smoothness.

So, if you've done the Kit Kat update and you like it, or at the very least have not experienced hassles, this is your thread. Let's hear from you.

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
To get to Settings by pulling down the window shade now requires three taps on the screen instead of two. OH, THE HORROR!! <jk>

The best part is you can still do this in two taps. Try pulling down the shade using two fingers simultaneously. You can click on settings right from there. It's a shortcut to that part of the menu.

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My phone is snappier and much faster, I do miss foxfi but I can use the bluetooth teather not perfect but it works. I do not want to upgrade anymore. The only difference between my phone and my wife's S4 is she can use the xlte in Tacoma but I am happy with my phone.

Posted via Android Central App

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Did the update here on the Razr Maxx HD and to be honest after reading all the issues people were having I was experiencing some serious pucker factor. The update went smoothly and the only issue I couldn't live with was the white notification LED. The Light Flow app fixed that and totally unleashed the full potential of my devices notification light. No issues here with running that app. Yes, I miss the "low security" functions of the old JB lock screen but the KK OS hasn't broken anything here.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The most impressive thing about the update, which came apparent as soon as I did the full reset, is how much faster apps and updates download from the app store. Pre-update it took a long time no matter how strong of a connection I had. Now it is lightning fast.

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I've had a couple of issues, loss of FoxFi and maybe faster battery drain. But overall things have improved a great deal. I just need to find the time to do a factory reset and clean up the app clutter I've been accumulating since the last one.

Duits87

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Losing FoxFi was the biggest disappointment for me. My parents have limited internet out in the country and I was able to provide them with unlimited internet (grandfathered in on Verizon) whenever I was around. Moving around the phone and accessing apps is noticeably quicker and smoother. I definitely recommend a factory reset and wiping the cache regularly. I was excited for this update and I'm glad I held onto the phone this long, as it is still impressing people who ask me about it. Battery life for me is ridiculously better, but I've worked to get it that way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta