Canada Roaming Issues after Kit-Kat

rcw119

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Since the Kit-kat update, I'm having issues roaming in Canada. Random reboot, frequent no network, occasional slow response to "wake-up". I didn't have these issues before Kit-Kat and I'm going to the same city, hotel, etc. I'm having no issues in the US. Anyone have any thoughts before I try a factory reset?

rcw119

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I wiped the cache over the weekend. Feels like it is rebooting less, however, I am now getting a No-SIM error regularly and Data roaming appears to shut off (I'm on a UMTS network but it is showing R rather than H+ and can't access data). A reboot of the phone resolves the issue for a few hours. I may call Verizon and see how they react. Phone is 1.5 years old so out of any warranty, but it worked fine prior to the KitKat Upgrade.

rcw119

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset per Verizon Support and have seen no improvement in my return to Canada today. Talking to them tomorrow about getting a replacement shipped.

ylab

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have been having the same issues here in Canada, random reboots, service switching on and off (no sim card icon even come on randomly). Have you had success with your new phone or is it a bigger issue?

rcw119

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
No luck yet. Motorola replaced my phone and I got a new SIM from Verizon. It is at second level at Motorola now.

I have been having the same issues here in Canada, random reboots, service switching on and off (no sim card icon even come on randomly). Have you had success with your new phone or is it a bigger issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles