Software Update

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Seen this as well. I'm rooted and unlocked. I won't be installing this update until I know for sure that it'll leave root and my my unlocked bootloader alone.

Aqua009

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried to install but after it downloaded, it kept powering down. I would restart it then it came up for a minute and powered down again. It did this about three times. Then it went into a CWM recovery looking screen but all it gave as options were to install or not install an "untrusted .zip". I tried both ways and I got a failure to install the update both times.

The status of the update in the 'about' section says the update failed. If I l look for a .zip file under CWM recovery, I get...

/sdcard/

- 0/
- clockworkmod/
- legacy/
- obb/

I have the Maxx HD XT926 with the 183.46.10 en US version

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just took this update. My phone seems just like before. I'm rooted and unlocked with stock recovery. My phone remains rooted and unlocked, I didn't do anything special beforehand. Don't know if you'll still be able to root after this but this doesn't seem to break root on already rooted devices. I'll say root one more time for good measure!

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Just took this update. My phone seems just like before. I'm rooted and unlocked with stock recovery. My phone remains rooted and unlocked, I didn't do anything special beforehand. Don't know if you'll still be able to root after this but this doesn't seem to break root on already rooted devices. I'll say root one more time for good measure!

Yes, you will need SuperSU. When I cleared Google Play Services and rebooted, I noticed that I lost root. Flashing SuperSU fixed that. Of course, I then flashed my stock recovery and unrooted in anticipation of perhaps trading in my phone or getting a replacement (in case the Verizon tech over the phone agrees with me that the battery draining 10% while idle for 90 minutes is not normal), so there's no way back for me. And of course I'm still unlocked, so they'll still be able to see that. I just hope that if I'm given a new phone and send the old one back, they won't retroactively charge me for having an unlocked phone.

jfhj2

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
About this time, I started having issues when receiving a picture in a text. Instead of seing it, now shows it is downloading and comes in usually within an hour or two. Anybody else noticed this. Really is not good

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Didn't fix all the Bluetooth issues. Up until the KitKat update, I was able to stream music to my Ford Sync flawlessly. After the update, all it does is skip and stutter. I've factory reset my phone, deleted the profiles from my phone and my car, renamed my phone, pulled the battery on the car. I've tried it all and nothing works. My favorite thing to do with a smart phone has been taken away and I'm still ticked off about it. I can't even stream from the 3.5mm jack for some reason although I know that has nothing to do with BT, my point is KitKat ruined my phone. Will probably have to get brave enough to root it someday and go back to an OS I can trust. Hate Updates. Unless you programmers can make my phone better with your stupid updates, leave my phone the He.. alone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2