So the other day my phone started having issues with group messages. I never really had any issues with group messages before other than them being slower since I upgraded to Kit Kat.

I will get a message from an individual responder within the group message but it won't go to the actual group chat. It get's stuck on that individuals text and it just says "Downloading". It will do this for 10-20 minutes and then finally go to the actual group chat. The only thing that seems to speed this up is turning the phone on or off.

Because it came through that person's individual text at first, it shows that person as being the most recent text to me. For example, I might not have individually received/sent a message from this person in months but they show up as the most recent or second to most recent text in the messaging app.

This doesn't happen every single time but the majority of the time it does. It isn't really too big of a deal but it can get annoying if a lot of group messages are coming in and it takes 10+ minutes for them to come in properly.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue or knows of any fixes for this. Not sure if it makes a difference that I installed the update last week, but this issue started like 3 days after I updated.

Thanks.
    09-19-2014 12:09 PM
    I've been having the exact same issue as you. I have a Droid Razr HD on Verizon Wireless and updated about 1 week ago. More info: Android version 4.4.2; System version 183.46.15.XT926.Verizon.en.US

Group text messages are initially appearing as an individual conversation with the 'downloading' status on the message, and it will remain like that indefinitely.

The temporary fix/workaround that I have found is to turn off Wi-Fi and let the phone connect to your data plan. About 30 seconds later the text message will come through. I have no idea why but it seems that when the phone connects through your data plan, the text messages end up receiving fine. But through Wi-Fi there is this issue.
    09-21-2014 01:41 PM
    I am running the standard text messaging app, not Hangouts if that makes a difference.
    09-22-2014 01:37 PM
    I'm now having the same issue. Anyone resolved this?
    10-03-2014 03:13 PM
    I am running the standard text messaging app, not Hangouts if that makes a difference.
    I started using the new Google Messenger app and no longer am having the Wi-Fi/MMS issue.
    12-03-2014 01:43 PM
    You can 't send MMS through wifi with couriers besides T-Mobile I've heard. Switching your phone to data solves this, but be warned that you only have a limited time to check the message
    12-03-2014 09:43 PM