battery hold up?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I brought my senior citizen mom into the smartphone age earlier this year with an old Droid 4. I was thinking of upgrading her.

The Droid Maxx is still pretty pricey on eBay.

How does the Droid Maxx RAZR HD hold up? Do you still get solid battery life? Obviously not as good as new, but can you easily make it from say 6 am to 11pm on one charge?

Posted via Android Central App

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
My phone is nearly 2 years old and I still make it a full day with pretty good use. Hardly ever do I not make it a full day. Thats only because of heavy use and poor signal. I highly recommend this phone! It's not given me one problem.

Tommy Kledecki

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Gosh, people. What are you doing with your phones to have them last only 1 day? It's a 3300mAh battery!
I'm not a power user, that's for sure. With my use, I easily get 6-8 days out of this phone.

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
How the heck do you do that? Do you do anything at all on your phone? Most I've ever gotten was 2 full days. I run 3 different emails, office calendar, text messages, phone calls, photos from time to time, a few online forums, and I get a solid day out of the phone. How are you getting 6-8 days?

Tommy Kledecki

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I just run nothing until I need it. As I'm not a power user (just to remind), the greatest % of battery usage on my phone is "Idle" ;)
Oh, and I have Android 4.1.2 back on it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You want great battery life, you charge the battery, unplug the charger for about 5 minutes, plug it back in for half an hour, then turn everything off - radios, apps, screen. Let it sit there and you should get at least a few days before the battery gets down to 50%. It's like money - if you earn some and never spend any, you'll be wealthy.

If you use your phone, there aren't many stock phones (and no smartphones that I know of) that will get 4 days on a charge. (The old phones, 10 years ago, did, but they were on standby, no screen either, unless you were on the phone or taking a picture.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles