RAZR Maxx HD connectivity issues with new car.

bakerjw

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a Droid RAZR Maxx HD running Android 4.4.2 182.46.15.XT926 from Verizon.

I finally picked up a new car that has Bluetooth and a USB adapter built into it. My phone linked up to the Bluetooth without any issues and can send or receive calls without problems. All of my music is on an SD card on my phone and I don't stream any music.
Playing music is where I'm running into some issues.
I can play music on the phone and it will come out the car speakers (sometimes with pauses as covered in other threads)
But it doesn't want to connect up as a media storage device over Bluetooth.
If I connect up directly as a media storage device over USB, it will see the SD card in my phone and play music from them for about 4 or 5 minutes before stopping. I'm not sure if it is the car or the phone that is misbehaving.

I'm still new at this car connectivity but I figured that I'd see if there might be some settings that I am missing somewhere. When connected as a media storage device to my computer at work, songs play without any issues.

Thanks for any insights.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Most (if not all) cars only connect via Bluetooth for Phone Audio, Media Audio, and Contact Storage. They usually won't connect to a phone as a Media Storage device. I think it's also relatively rare that they connect via USB as a Media Storage device--in my experience, the USB port is usually for a USB flash drive, and not a phone.