Reinstall OS on Motorola Razr Maxx

Hyabusact

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
My daughter has the Razr Maxx and the OS became corrupt. We now have a picture of the android laying down with his chest door opened and we can't get past this. I have tried a factory reset, a recovery and almost anything that I could find online.
I have downloaded the CyanogenMod to the SD card and tried using the recovery mode to launch it but all I get is an error when it tries to validate the install. I don't think I can install from the SD I am thinking.
There is no carrier plan on this device, its for my 4 year old daughter to play her ABC Mouse and PBS learning games. Any help on this would be appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My daughter has the Razr Maxx and the OS became corrupt. We now have a picture of the android laying down with his chest door opened and we can't get past this. I have tried a factory reset, a recovery and almost anything that I could find online.
I have downloaded the CyanogenMod to the SD card and tried using the recovery mode to launch it but all I get is an error when it tries to validate the install. I don't think I can install from the SD I am thinking.
There is no carrier plan on this device, its for my 4 year old daughter to play her ABC Mouse and PBS learning games. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Welcome to Android Central!

Unfortunately you can only install a third-party, custom ROM, such as Cyanogenmod, if you are rooted. It sounds like you are not, and honestly, that will not fix the problem you are currently having. Have you contacted Verizon and/or Motorola to see if they can assist with repairing the device?

Hyabusact

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
The phone no longer has a plan, it was an old phone that I transferred out of. I gave it to my 4 year old to play her games on it. I can install Cyanogenmod but how? Can I do this from the SDCard or do I need to install special apps to connect?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, the phone doesn't need a plan to use the Verizon SUA. It should be freely downloadable and the phone doesn't check for a Verizon sim or anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance