No HD screen?

alexh037

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm disappointed at the fact that it didn't get an upgrade to the screen. I bet Motorola is saving that for the next version probably coming up two months from now. But I still think I'm getting this phone cuz of the larger battery capacity, good radio and tough build. I'll just have to deal with the mediocre screen and camera.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm disappointed at the fact that it didn't get an upgrade to the screen. I bet Motorola is saving that for the next version probably coming up two months from now. But I still think I'm getting this phone cuz of the larger battery capacity, good radio and tough build. I'll just have to deal with the mediocre screen and camera.

BGR is reporting Motorola will produce less devices this year... Motorola to release fewer phones this year... so I would not hold my breath on a new device after the Droid 4 and RAZR MAXX.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You know what sucks? The extended holiday return period ended 3 days ago. I can't return my Razr and wait for the Maxx!

The extended holiday return period expired just before CES, where Verizon knew they were releasing a new version of the RAZR... no... tell me it's not so. And you did not know CES was starting on January 10th?

There is ALWAYS going to be something new coming out in the next week, month, quarter or year that is Always going to be better than what you purchased... buy it and be happy... or pay full price and get the latest thing every week, month, quarter or year.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
BGR is reporting Motorola will produce less devices this year... Motorola to release fewer phones this year... so I would not hold my breath on a new device after the Droid 4 and RAZR MAXX.

for the last three months of 2011 and first three months of 2012 were very busy with Motorola putting out Verizon Android devices.

If you look at their prior history of putting devices out, it was usually a 9+ month period between major devices. Droid X to Droid X2 was 10 months. Droid X2 to Bionc was 4 months. Then 2 months to RAZR, and it looks like 3 months to RAZR MAXX.

Same goes with the slider keyboards.

I think what we have to remember is that the technology changed so much in 2011, that the phone manufacturers had to keep putting phones out. The first 4G phone happened. And of course, it is tough for manufacturers to put out only 1 brand new 4g phone, so that is why we saw the addition of the RAZR. And then, with everyone complaining that the RAZR did not have any way to replace the battery, they then came out with the RAZR, so that they could alleviate people's concerns / complaints.

I do not see Motorola coming out with any new phone until the second half of the year, when it is already known they will be coming out with a Intel based phone, or two. Based on the release, it said they plan on having a few phones in the second half of 2012.

For me, the only decision will be to get the RAZR / RAZR MAXX, or wait a few more months to see what the feedback is on the Intel based Motorola phones. I think I will most likely not wait much longer after my March 2012 upgrade, as I am not sure I want to be one of the guinea pigs for the Intel chips.....

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Why do people complain so much about the screen? IMO it's a great looking screen. I don't hold it 2" from my face so pixelation (don't even know if it's a word) is not a big deal. Even if it was, these phones are "micro-miracles" you carry in your pocket...when's enough enough? Oh, this screen is 2% better than yours, your phone sucks.

This should be a fine phone. For me this phone moves ahead of the Nexus...though I really like the Nexus, the possibility of a poor signal (I live in a semi-rural area) really worries me. My Droid X does great and I'd hope another Moto phone would continue that trend.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Says 'fewer phones,' doesn't say they won't be releasing new ones soon.

With Samsung and HTC both having rumored quad cores coming out,probably early 2nd quarter, you can be Moto will have one coming out too.

sabrerider

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Doesn't matter really IMO. Games, movies etc are gorgeous on this screen. (I have 20 / 10 vision) Having HD on a screen this size serves no purpose other than being able to tell people that its an HD screen. I don't choose a phone based on its ability to provide me with bragging rights.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Yea this phone is very disappointing to me,no new features but a bigger battery,that sucks!

No more disappointing than what's already on the market now. Case and point what about the camera on the new Nexus? What new features would you be looking for? The screen is sharp and crisp so who will really care in the end.

This phone will be a force to reckon with and will hold its own against anything on the market now and in the next few months.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Gorilla glass, 3300mAh battery, and thin... show me ANY other device that has at least a 3000mAh battery and still be under less than 9mm thick, or even have a huge hump to stick an aftermarket battery that will not cost you a bunch of extra money... not going to happen. Most aftermarket batteries are only a little over 2000mAh in size.

sabrerider

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
As far as cameras go, I could print pics from my original DROID (5MP) and blow them up to an 8x10 while maintaining 100% resolution. The 8MP DROID X allows me to email pics of damaged equipment to my boss in such detail that he can zoom in, on his computer, close enough to make out small serial numbers with perfect clarity. Rather than give me more mega pixels, manufacturers should focus more on light sensor, auto focus and shutter speed improvements. The current RAZR camera works very well.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Why do people complain so much about the screen? IMO it's a great looking screen. I don't hold it 2" from my face so pixelation (don't even know if it's a word) is not a big deal. Even if it was, these phones are "micro-miracles" you carry in your pocket...when's enough enough? Oh, this screen is 2% better than yours, your phone sucks.

This should be a fine phone. For me this phone moves ahead of the Nexus...though I really like the Nexus, the possibility of a poor signal (I live in a semi-rural area) really worries me. My Droid X does great and I'd hope another Moto phone would continue that trend.

I just returned a Nexus within my 14 days and I wasn't all that impressed with that screen at all. The super AMOLED screens also suffer from burn in. Who needs that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy