Have a Galaxy Nexus.. Need input please.

imprezu

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a question guys. I have the GN and I'm really not liking that I constantly have to charge the thing because of the horrible battery life. Even If I have it stuck on 3G I have to charge it twice a day. I came from a Tbolt with the extended battery so I'm used to having some sort of battery life. I've had the phone over 30 days so I can't bring it back but I do have 2 lines that aren't being used that have upgrades available. Should I just sell the phone on CL and buy the MAXX? I can get the phone for 249 with my discount. Thanks for your help.

tazcordo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Don't hesitate to get this phone. I also had the Nexus, but had problems with signal and battery life. For some reason, the AMOLED Advanced seems to be better than the Nexus AMOLED. I am noticing less image retention. The text isn't quite as sharp, but the black levels are just as incredible. Oh yeah, battery life is incredible for the slim size. Used the phone nonstop for 5 hours, including watching videos and downloading apps, and the battery was at 70% left. This was over wifi, but still impressive.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't hesitate to get this phone. I also had the Nexus, but had problems with signal and battery life. For some reason, the AMOLED Advanced seems to be better than the Nexus AMOLED. I am noticing less image retention. The text isn't quite as sharp, but the black levels are just as incredible. Oh yeah, battery life is incredible for the slim size. Used the phone nonstop for 5 hours, including watching videos and downloading apps, and the battery was at 70% left. This was over wifi, but still impressive.

Same Same Same GN gone! Get the Maxx

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Me too. I had the Galaxy Nexus for about 3 weeks and got frustrated with not only battery life, but poor signal switching and dropped calls. I love ICS but the Samsung hardware wouldn't work for me. (Aside from the display.) I travel too much and need my phone to work as a phone first.

I wish this were the version released in China with the gorgeous display and updated camera. But, such is life! In any case, I'll be picking up my Maxx tomorrow.

UPDATE (2/07) - I've had my Razr Maxx for about ten days now and couldn't be happier I made the switch. The Razr is so much more stable and responsive than any Samsung device (especially the Nexus) I've used. Very impressed.

Last edited:

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If you do not like the G Nex, then go ahead and sell it on craigslist. You will be able to get enough that you will almost cover the purchase price of one phone (gnex on upgrade), and half of the second phone (Maxx).

Then, use one of the other phones on your account to transfer that upgrade to your line and get the Maxx, if that is what you want.

It all comes down to personal preference in manufacturer. Android Central recently put up a survey regarding ownership. Samsung blew most others out of the water, followed by HTC. Motorola was somewhere in there, but no where neat Samsung. My point is. Some people like Motorola products (me included) and some do not.

If you are one that does not have any ill will towards Motorola and want a solid phone, with a good radio for call quality/connectivity, go ahead. But if you do not think highly of Motorola, then do not do it, because it will only amplify your ill will towards Moto in the future if something ends up bothering you about the phone.

Good luck

bradoggk

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I think it's more a matter of personal preference, but I got rid of my GNex for the MAXX.

I was willing to take a downgrade in the screen size/quality as well as hackability (custom ROMs, etc...) for the incredible battery life and more importantly the SIGNAL improvement!

My GNex would drop between 3G/4G (1 bar) all the time whereas my new MAXX is holding strong at 3 bars of 4G nearly everywhere!

fwiw - I've had my phone on nearly 8 hours and I'm at 70% battery with light usage (a couple of texts, some facebook browsing and music playing...)

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
The Radios that much better in the Razr (Maxx) vs the GNex? I've been having some horrible luck with conversations. Tempted to go back to my iPhone and shelf the Gnex until updates come out.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why so many people make such an issue of this. You have to go with a phone that you as an individual feel comfortable with.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I love my nexus and wouldn't trade it for anything. Its the first phone I've had that actually satisfies my needs and doesn't make me want any other phone coming out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Nexus since the day it was released. I've had terrible signal since the first time I turned it on, and that's on phone, data and wireless. The radios on this device are just flat terrible unless you live in a strong signal area and I don't.

I'm not a fan of Moto but I like the large battery and Moto radios are known to be the best out there and when push comes to shove that what I need. ICS is really nice but if I can't get a signal and even wireless doesn't work where my other devices work just fine on wireless, then its time to move on.

I'm also looking at the Rezound and trying to make a decision on which way to go. I'm not in a hurry but every new day with the Nexus is becoming increasingly frustrating.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I could only get 3 hours of screen on time on my Nexus with the 2100 battery.

Just got the Maxx and the amazing battery life is really nice. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

smartgroup

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I also have a gn- other than the poor battery life the speaker phone is very low when I use Skype, actually its so bad. Previous gn owners do you have this issue? Razr owners how us the speaker phone with Skype?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a nexus and I'm considering the Maxx. The improved signal strength and battery life are tempting but I do love ICS and not having any bloatware.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
With motorola you are going to get a locked bootloader,and moto ui and no ICS yet. However, a very solid device. I don't like to root my phone or run custom roms, so this isn't a issue. I couldn't be happier. If you aren't into that either, you won't find a better device. It is simply a better built phone imho.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk