Can Razr Maxx be rooted same as Razr?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Someone already said yes... since it's running the same ROM version and hardware as the RAZR, I'd have to say yes also.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The only difference between the two phones is the case back and battery, thats it everything else is exactly the same as the regular razr.

addictedtocars

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have my RAZR and followed the thread on XDA and was rooter in 2-3 minutes. It is good that RAZR and MAXX are identical in all ways except battery, larger install base, more change for development.

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
What does rooting your phone mean and what is the advantage? Not very tech savvy. Want to learn more :):)

biggest advantage for me is that you can get free tethering app. with 4G LTE no more paying for wifi.

it also allows the phone to run faster and better

any thunderbolt owners make the swich to razr maxx?

my contract is up for renewal feb 11 with verizon and I'm seriously considering it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
What does rooting your phone mean and what is the advantage? Not very tech savvy. Want to learn more :):)

If you are not very tech savvy please DO NOT attempt or consider rooting your device!!!

You will not receive OTA (Over The Air) updates and you will need to flash your own ROM's or updates to your existing ROM... and if you are not tech savvy you will not understand it and have all kinds of issues attempting to understand it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
biggest advantage for me is that you can get free tethering app. with 4G LTE no more paying for wifi.

it also allows the phone to run faster and better

any thunderbolt owners make the swich to razr maxx?

my contract is up for renewal feb 11 with verizon and I'm seriously considering it.

I thought so... great battery life, very nice radio. As long as you are not hung up on Sense. I personally compared this to the Galaxy Nexus and purchased the Maxx.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Please read up on rooting and advantages of it and dis-advantages of it before doing anything. PLEASE DO NOT root just to root your device!

I rooted my phone within minutes using the same method of the RAZR.

Some advantages
-Titanium Back which allows you do backup your device apps and then transfer it to another device. I went from my stock Razr to having all my apps from my DX within 30 minutes of rooting. No need to re-download my apps and re-setup my apps. Also allows you to freeze apps you do not need.
-Screenshot
-Wifi tether but BE CAREFUL since carriers CAN track it, not saying they will but they can.
-Overclocking (as long as you know what you are doing)
-And there are many more

Dis-advantages
-You can screw up your device if you have no idea what your doing.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I would not say do not attempt if you are not tech savy. You can do it if u put ur mind to it. But as someone else said, do your research. Its not something u can just jump into having no idea what certain things are. PLEASE read up on it thoroughly..

From the best android phone PERIOD. Galaxy Nexus.