OTA Update

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
AndroidCentral.com states that the Maxx OTA is pushing out heavily, but my phone consistently says no update is needed/available.

My 4G connection sucks on this phone and I'd like to see if the OTA works that out. How come I can't have it?!!

Settings>About Phone>System Update>Your phone is up to date! :mad:

Minacious

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Give it time. You may see it pushed tomorrow, you may not see it until the end of the week. It's almost impossible to say when you are going to get it, but if it's being pushed, it will happen. I too have not received it yet.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Give it time. You may see it pushed tomorrow, you may not see it until the end of the week. It's almost impossible to say when you are going to get it, but if it's being pushed, it will happen. I too have not received it yet.
I hope I get it by later today. If not, I will have to return the phone as I have absolutely NO connection in an otherwise-4G area. It's a great phone, if you want to do other stuff on it - like a tablet - but to use it as a phone/smart phone, not so much.

I'm disappointed, but hopeful the OTA might fix it...

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm in a strong LTE area... checked for updates for days now... Wifi on... Wifi off... rebooted several times... no updates for me yet either.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I hope I get it by later today. If not, I will have to return the phone as I have absolutely NO connection in an otherwise-4G area. It's a great phone, if you want to do other stuff on it - like a tablet - but to use it as a phone/smart phone, not so much.

If you have "no" connection. You have a problem that's probably not gonna be fixed by a update. U should return for a new one.

Razr Maxx

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
My 4G connection sucks on this phone
Didn't you return the GNex and the Rezound for the same reason (correct me if I am wrong)? If you have been through all 3 of the high-end VZW phones and none of them gets a good signal for you, it sounds like the problem is the 4G coverage where you are, not the phones.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

To me; the battery alone on this phone is worth it...

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Didn't you return the GNex and the Rezound for the same reason (correct me if I am wrong)? If you have been through all 3 of the high-end VZW phones and none of them gets a good signal for you, it sounds like the problem is the 4G coverage where you are, not the phones.

That may or may not be the case with HollyDay but certainly not with me. I work about 20 minutes north of Boston off a major highway with a strong 4g presence. I orginally came from the Rezound with a strong 4g signal and zero data drops. I got caught up in the hoopla when the Nexus was announced so I sold the Rezound and picked one up. I can't tell you how many data drops I got with the Nexus and the transition from 4g to 3g was a joke. From there I went over the Razr. Battery died on my way home from an 8 hour day. Back to Verizon it went. Now with the Maxx, I have similar issues the Nexus gave me. The phone remains in 3g for the majority of the day regardless of my location. Data drops are not as frequent as the Nexus but far from acceptable in my book. I have been through several sim cards and have just about had it with the phone. I could return it for another but after the mess I had with the Nexus, I may just go back to the Rezound. It's a damn shame too because the Maxx is a nice phone and the battery life is ridiculous :eek:

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
That may or may not be the case with HollyDay but certainly not with me. I work about 20 minutes north of Boston off a major highway with a strong 4g presence. I orginally came from the Rezound with a strong 4g signal and zero data drops. I got caught up in the hoopla when the Nexus was announced so I sold the Rezound and picked one up. I can't tell you how many data drops I got with the Nexus and the transition from 4g to 3g was a joke. From there I went over the Razr. Battery died on my way home from an 8 hour day. Back to Verizon it went. Now with the Maxx, I have similar issues the Nexus gave me. The phone remains in 3g for the majority of the day regardless of my location. Data drops are not as frequent as the Nexus but far from acceptable in my book. I have been through several sim cards and have just about had it with the phone. I could return it for another but after the mess I had with the Nexus, I may just go back to the Rezound. It's a damn shame too because the Maxx is a nice phone and the battery life is ridiculous :eek:
^THIS.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I am in a strong 4G LTE area, but Verizon is having issues with my coverage. They're having techs look into it; it's been escalated to top tier level techs.

However, I will say that I got much better reception with the Rezound than the Maxx. Even in a great 4G area, where my Rezound's connection speed was screaming fast (30+ mbps), with the Maxx in the same location, I get 21mpbs - just about, on a good day).

If Verizon doesn't fix my issue by tomorrow, I'm going back to Sprint and unfortunately, their older phones. :-\

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Also, the report on the Maxx OTA is that it's supposed to strengthen 4G connection. I've rebooted, Wifi on/off, Airplane on/off, and it still says my phone is up to date. Annoyed.:confused:

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Some people over on AF are reporting that the update messes up their corp/exchange email and that a hard reset is needed. Anyone else having this issue?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the notification for the update but Im not going to update it until it's been confirmed that it can be rooted or if it kills root after the update.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I never DID get the update, as hard as I tried. Anyway, now the phone is being returned to Verizon because I went back to Sprint. Bye, Maxx. :-*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463