BOGO this Friday ?

MaXKiLLz

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Last week my wife and I each bought the new Maxx. She paid $269.99 and I paid $169.99. We're on seperate accounts. As you may have read, the Razr and Razr Maxx go on sale this Friday for "Buy One Get One Free". Should we go back and try to get one of the phones refunded? Should we return the phones and repurchase them with this deal? What you guys think?

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Last week my wife and I each bought the new Maxx. She paid $269.99 and I paid $169.99. We're on seperate accounts. As you may have read, the Razr and Razr Maxx go on sale this Friday for "Buy One Get One Free". Should we go back and try to get one of the phones refunded? Should we return the phones and repurchase them with this deal? What you guys think?
If the BOGOF is within the 14 day return period, just show up and ask for a price adjustment. If they won't give it to you, then return and repurchase.

If the BOGOF is not within the 14 day return period, then call and ask for a price adjustment. If they won't give it to you, return before the 14 days is up and then repurchase on the BOGOF day.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
As you may have read, the Razr and Razr Maxx go on sale this Friday for "Buy One Get One Free".

Where do you hear this? I just purchased a maxx last week (within the 14 day period). My wife is wanting the maxx too and is due for an upgrade. If that's the case, I will see if they will give me a free one for her or just return mine and get 2 new ones.

MaXKiLLz

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Problem is if I return the phones, they're going to hit me with a $35 restocking fee for each one. If that's the case, I'd only be saving $70 by repurchasing the two phones with the bogo offer.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Problem is if I return the phones, they're going to hit me with a $35 restocking fee for each one. If that's the case, I'd only be saving $70 by repurchasing the two phones with the bogo offer.

Still $70 more in your pocket and $70 less in theirs.

MaXKiLLz

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if $70 is worth starting all over again with a new phone after getting this one all dialed in with my apps. My battery is also nicely broken in. I'd also have to unroot both phones.

selvinsosa

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
i just saw this wen i was in the mall putting the plastic zagg( full boddy ) on both my razr maxx. i think it wont work for me to return the phones wen i did a lot for them. plus i got both phones for just $50 in best buy ( reward zone member ) :'(

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I got the Lg Rev a couple months ago and returned it within 48 hours. Before that i called VZW and just asked if they could waive the restocking fee. It worked for me. Then I returned it to the store that day.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This would be great for me if I could get the second MAXX without having to put it on a line... but I have three lines, me and the DInc, one with the Iphone, and one that would be overwhelmed to have any phone that does more than call and text.

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, my contract renewal is in March.. last week I called the reps and asked if I could renew early so I could get an upgrade [my phone is trashed], they said they are contractually forbidden to do early upgrades for 4g/lte phones.

can't believe i'm going to miss this deal.

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
This would be great for me if I could get the second MAXX without having to put it on a line... but I have three lines, me and the DInc, one with the Iphone, and one that would be overwhelmed to have any phone that does more than call and text.

Both phone have to be tied to lines. You can't get the free one without having a line to put it on.

johnh1234

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I can 'tie' it to a line without actually using it, can't I? I plan to sell one unopened and then get the lte iphone unsubsidized if/when it comes out (for my lady, not me). the lady will continue using her tbolt until then. that is the plan, anyway.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It appears the regular Razr Droid is Buy-One, Get One Free, not the Maxx Razr?

EDIT: I spoke to a VZW rep online. They stated it's only for the 16GB and 32GB Razr, not the Maxx. Oh well...

Last edited:

Groundhound

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was set to jump on the Razr Maxx BOGO to replace my Fascinate and wife's DX, but it looks like that won't be happening. Not willing to re-up for 2 years for the half-battery Razr.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was going to return my Maxx to get another one + one free, but now I can't. My wife is due for an upgrade and will either pay the upgrade price or she may want the iPhone.

kody199

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
It appears the regular Razr Droid is Buy-One, Get One Free, not the Maxx Razr?

EDIT: I spoke to a VZW rep online. They stated it's only for the 16GB and 32GB Razr, not the Maxx. Oh well...

I got off the phone with VZW 20 minutes ago. Got 2 Razr Maxx BOGO. If you try to order them online as a new customer it also does BOGO. I am not a new customer, it was an upgrade. On a side note, only one of my lines was due for an upgrade. The other wasn't due until the end of march.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc