Droid razr maxx case

jbair2

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Otter box Commuter is a fantastic case. I ordered and received mine a week ago and will never use anything else

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

koalabear

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Definitely cannot use ANY case on the phone in the car dock. I have the holster combo which a pretty thin case, almost as thin as a Case-Mate and its not even close, the dock is a precise fit.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the VZW high gloss silicone case and love it. Its really easy to put in and take out of pockets. Now I just need a screen protector.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My issues with most cases are:

1 - Way too bulky for my liking.
2 - Hides all the 'cool' of the phone.
3 - Makes one phone look like all others with a case: a black brick (esp. true with Otterbox cases).

Not saying the cases that support the above are bad. Otterbox cases are great at protection against, well, just about anything. But, I don't care to sacrifice the 'perks' of a slim, nice looking phone for a bit more 'just in case' protection (considering I pay money for the Asurion insurance as it is).

If I go with a case, I'll probably go with this one:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I have a similar case on my DInc and I'm a fan. Adds a bit of flare (That's what the flare's about. It's about fun.) with the protection, but doesn't completely hide the phone. Plus, it has a slim form factor, so doesn't add much bulk.

But, the more I think about it, the more I think I'm going naked with the MAXX. I'll probably go naked for the 14 day return period, at least, just to see how things go.

lewie61

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
If I go with a case, I'll probably go with this one:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I have a similar case on my DInc and I'm a fan. Adds a bit of flare (That's what the flare's about. It's about fun.) with the protection, but doesn't completely hide the phone. Plus, it has a slim form factor, so doesn't add much bulk.

But, the more I think about it, the more I think I'm going naked with the MAXX. I'll probably go naked for the 14 day return period, at least, just to see how things go.

That looks very similar to the glossy bumper case that Verizon sells only a lot cheaper (19.95 or 16.00 with my job discount). I have that one and love it. It adds just enough grip surface to the edges of the phone while providing some cushioning if it falls. For $6.95, I say go for it.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That looks very similar to the glossy bumper case that Verizon sells only a lot cheaper (19.95 or 16.00 with my job discount). I have that one and love it. It adds just enough grip surface to the edges of the phone while providing some cushioning if it falls. For $6.95, I say go for it.

If you take anything away from the Forum, take this: Don't buy accessories from the service provider. It's like buying tires from a car dealership. They only have a few options to choose from, and you'll pay twice what you would in the open market.

For instance, Verizon stores have an 'accessory package' that they will include with phones 'at a special price.' Basically, its an extra charger (which most won't need), a case, a cheap-o headset, a screen protector, and a belt clip (which doesn't work with the case). They charge $95 for that (which they claims saves you $40).

Here's the breakdown of what you can buy these items for on the secondary market:

Car Charger (better than an extra wall charger, IMO): $8
Case w/ Belt Clip: $30 (for similar quality as VZW offering)
Screen Protector: $12 (set of 2)
Headset: $10

That's $60...saving you $35 over VZW's 'special priced' package (and I was leaning toward the high end with some of those prices). And, it'd be an even better savings if you just went with the case I linked before.

dlu_1999

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
How goes the typing and keyboard functionality? Past OB's I have had with BB's and Droids have made it hard for my big hands to type correctly.

Minacious

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
About how thick is the commuter case?

otcom.jpg

If you would like specific angles, just ask.

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
the otterbox's cheap plastic screen protector ruins screen visibility as it gets dirty instantly and is impossible to clean. it also makes touch sensitivity far less sensitive.

Minacious

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
the otterbox's cheap plastic screen protector ruins screen visibility as it gets dirty instantly and is impossible to clean. it also makes touch sensitivity far less sensitive.

I never use the screen protectors and let the raised portion of the case keep items from coming into contact with the screen.

Reactions: RL_Wood

cscharf16

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I use the Otterbox Defender. Learned the hard way that the phone is not so tough. I dropped from 3' onto wood floor, Phone was trashed. Had to buy a new one. The Defender is a bit bulky but fits well and not worried about damage now. Increadible Phone!
:)

ronniesherard

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a screen protector and the Otterbox Defender on my phone. I have had absolutely NO issues with sensitivity or being able to see the screen. Yes, it does appear to smudge quite easily, but the case is great, in my opinion. I put the screen protector on, just in case dirt or sand worked in under the case's built-in protector. Again, I haven't had any problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
When my Maxx arrives, it will be staying naked. My Droid X has been naked for the past 8 months after trying many cases and screen protectors (a lot of them seen here) and it looks just about brand new. Even with a drop or two. If I got a case, it wouldn't be for protection...maybe for more grip.

GRB11

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
If anyone is looking for a case that is a bit thinner, my friend grabbed this one Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Motorola Droid Razr (Verizon & Rogers) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Seems to be a bit slimmer, plus decent protection.

Tried the Otterbox Commuter, and it made the Razr Maxx feel like a boat anchor: very bulky, heavy, and less grip than the naked phone. It probably provides some drop protection; however, if the phone strikes the screen in a fall, the screen is likely to shatter no mater how you have the phone encased. The Commuter and Defender really provide protection for everything but the screen (Gorilla Glass).

I like the Diztronic, as it protects the frame (likely not quite as much as the Commuter or Defender), provides substantial grip, adds little to overall size and weight, and easily slides in and out of pockets. Now that Diztronic has a TPU case for the Maxx, I'll be making my order soon.

ronniesherard

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a nice case, GRB11. I guess it's all up to preference. Even with an Otterbox Defender on my Maxx, I still think it's pretty light. As far as screen protection goes, there aren't many cases that would keep the glass on any phone from breaking if it fell the right way, I suppose...