Razr Maxx, Motorola or Droid Problem?

crs96

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought the new Razr Maxx the day it came out...my first smart phone as a matter of fact. I've never had or wanted to spend the money on the data plan. Great phone in the sense of the battery, I've gone 3 days before running down the battery and I'm playing on it a lot as I'm trying to learn it.

Problem is my phone beeps while I am talking on it. Only I can hear it, not the other person. It sounds like the same notification as when another call is coming in but there is no other call, email, text, notification, nothing.
It is not a minute timer. It will beep once, a few minutes later it will beep 4-5 times right in a row and so forth.

The other problem I have is I cannot send a picture message. It does not give me an error message, just puts a red X and says it didn't send. I've taken the phone back to Verizon and they couldn't get it to beep while I was in there (of course) and it did it as soon as I left. They said the picture message has to do with poor data signals. My boyfriend and son got the exact same phone the same day I did and neither of them have either of these problems. We did a factory reset and nothing changed.

What am I missing??? I'm not getting help and I'm so aggravated. At this point, I'd rather have my old env touch back.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yea if get red X means no data. Go into message app settings and check for send while roaming make sure its checked. U have a setting checked sounds like minutes beep is set.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

crs96

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Call Connect, Roaming Tone and Network Lost Tone and are all unchecked. That is one thing Verizon checked. I'm not sure I am going to the right place for the settings to send while roaming. Under Data Manager, I have a "data enabled" box that is checked. There is also "Global data roaming access" and it is marked "deny data roaming access" but also claims it pertains to data access outside the USA.
Are you referring to something else I am not finding?
Thanks to both of you for your help!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
It could just have been a network issues. If u click on the message u should b able to resend it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

crs96

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the phone on January 26th, the release date and haven't been able to send a picture message yet. I try to resend the same picture 10 times and try to send practice picture messages all the time. None of them ever send.
I see a lot of posts all over the internet with this same problem but no one ever has the answer. Some have said to turn wi-fi off, and I've done that. Still doesn't work. The other 2 phones we got the same day have no problem and I've already done a factory reset. It just doesn't make sense. My son sits right beside me and successfully sends a picture message every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers