So I'll be importing music to my Maxx soon...

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'd try to put it on my actual SD Card, rather than my internal SD card that is actually part of the internal device memory... I usually create a Media folder.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
why not just upload it to google music cloud, and forget about it taking up room on your phone internal/external storage?

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
why not just upload it to google music cloud, and forget about it taking up room on your phone internal/external storage?

I think it'll be better if I just store it on my phone because streaming relies on signal strength and etc. Also I don't need to download any other programs right?

GRB11

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
No need to download any other programs. The streaming can be an issue (whether Motocast or Google Cloud) if there is a signal problem. Having some music onboard makes sense, and I use a music or media folder on my SD card. When you plug in USB, just indicate what you want to do when the phone's screen queries you. I still use Motocast, but have stuff on the SD card just in case I'm in an area where signal loss is an issue. Go for it!

acegamer

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
In addition to putting some on your SD card you should still upload your library to the Google Cloud. I just started using the Google cloud a few weeks ago and it is great having access to my entire 4,000 song collection at any time. Of course as you say this does rely on a good signal so having some local stuff is a good idea also if you live in an area prone to weak signals. Thankfully I live in an area with great signals so I've not had any issues with dropped signals. (Oh yeah and its free!)

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
only time i see the cloud being an issue is while on an airplane, so yes, having some local music on your SD card is a must.

GRB11

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Motocast does the same instead of copying your music to the cloud. I find it very convenient. You must have your PC powered on with Internet access when you want to use it.

The time you need music loaded locally on the SD is when you're away from a network or Wi-Fi signal. Rural areas are notorious for going in and out of the mobile signal or if you work or find yourself in a building that has poor reception. There's enough room on the SD card in the Maxx to hold plenty of music as a backup plan even if you're using one of the streaming methods.

Google has enough of me, they don't need to host my music as well!