Contact photos

savage810

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Day 2 of the Maxx. Mostly I love it, but there are some quirks. I haven't seen any posts like this so I thought I'd ask.

Day 1 I added FB, google, and last.fm accounts. When all was said and done, my contacts were just how I wanted them, and FB pictures went where appropriate (contacts listed all contacts that had phone numbers).

Day 2, as you might imagine, was spent fiddling around with more stuff. I added twitter account, and messed around with alot of stuff on the phone. When I got home today, I noticed that most of the contact pics were gone. I think its just the fb contacts, its hard to tell. Anyway, I have tried everything I can think of. I have removed and re-added the accounts, one at a time. I have changed the display settings in contacts every iteration I can think of. I can't get it back to yesterday, which was perfect.

On top of this, when I go to Settings/Accounts, if I try to open an account (rather than delete) I get the error "The application My Accounts (process com.motorola.setup) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force Close (button)"

This message came up yesterday too, but I didn't worry too much since things were working fine.

Ok, guys. Impress me with your solutions!

:D

Ryan32973

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Contact issues with FB V Twitter means you got me. After adding my FB account, I had to play numerous times with the display settings in the phone-contact area to get mine to populate....

Good luck!

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I always access my FB by opening the program itself. I don't have FB as an account because I don't like how it intermingles with my contacts. I got tired of having several contact entries generated for the same person because the persons FB address, phone, email, etc... is outdated. I don't like letting other people control what goes in my contact list.
Its a true pain when you use your cars Nav menu to bluetooth call someone and it gives you options to pick from rather than the one you know is correct.

Ryan32973

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
^you can actually have your FB account set and not populating anything in your contact list. Phone - contacts - display preferences...

jdo52

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem, it all started with the latest update. I'm ready to toss this phone. Its so frustrating. Not only am i having this problem but I lose connectivity all the time and have to shut my phone off and on which only works some times. I've talked to Verizon tech support till I'm blue in the face. I Also went in to the store and the salesman said it's unfortunate but sometimes that happens. (are you kidding me!??) and then before I left he tried to sell me their land line service.

I hope someone has an answer for this and all the other problems I'm having.

Lindsay Quick1

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Ryan32973, I can't even find that as an option, "phone contacts - display settings." Where are you?! That is exactly the function I can't find on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463