Verizon data outage?

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have full 3G bars on my phone, but no data throughput. WiFi is scanning, but there is none where I am at. I turned WiFi off and still no throughput. The 3G and bars are white, so it is not connecting. I have noticed that my phone is very flaky as far as switching between WiFi, 3G, and 4G. Sometimes when I leave a WiFi connection, I cannot get data until I turn WiFi off. Other times it works just fine. Sometimes when I am in a known good 4G area, the phone will not switch to 4G unless I change the Settings menu to 3G only and then back to 3G/4G. Other times it switches just fine. It's not consistent at all.

Right now though I've got no data despite full 3G bars (white).

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Their site seems to be acting funny too , couldn't track an order from yesterday and couldn't order online today.

ecfinn

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing the same kind of issues with my new Razr Maxx as well. I even rebooted and I still couldn't get a data connection.

My phone stays on all the time, even over night. At home I use my home wireless. When I left my home it switched to 3G data just fine even though wireless was left on. Sometime later, wireless was switched off, although I didn't do it explicitly. From that point forward I lost all 3G/4G data connection. Later on I switch wireless back on again and then it found a 3G connection. Its almost like something turned off the data connection altogether.

I'm wondering if this isn't somehow related to my smart actions.

I'm using the wireless widget and if wireless is on (with no wireless connection specified) then I get a 3G data signal... Something doesn't seem right with this phone and how it handles switching data b/w 3G/4G/Wifi.

Eric

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
This explains my inability to use GPS on my drive to MA this morning. Actually, I'm kind of relieved. I thought there was something wrong with my RAZR . . .

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see this, I was nervous thinking I had another phone (Galaxy Nexus previously) that was having data issues. Happy it is not my phone.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering why my coverage was so poor while driving into downtown Chicago this morning.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk.

incoehoots

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Data on my Maxx and my Thunderbolt have been intermitent at best. And this has been going on for a while now. I have called Verizon a few times, yesterday I did too in fact. I actually got to a tier 2 person who was going to try something other than telling me to do a factory reset! I was supposed to get a call back from him, but as usual he didn't call back. I use to brag Verizon had the best customer service, but as of late they are leaving much to be desired.
Maybe it is just growing pains of transferring to 4g, but I am very rarely in a 4g area, should that mean I don't get to use my unlimited data when the he!! I want?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12