Blackberry to Android switch

abnikki

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys... Newb here
I'm getting my MAXX today and was wondering how to get my contacts, notes and calendar items from my ATT Torch on to my MAXX.

Thanks

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I would download google sync on your blackberry and sync contacts to your gmail. When you log into gmail on the RAZR your contacts will automatically sync to your new phone.

newskate9

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Used to be BB before I was saved! Google easy way too, I think. My MAXX arrives tomorrow too!

Leaving X2 though - it is/was a great phone for me.

abnikki

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
So went the google synch route.. but the damn ATT address book is messing me up. I went online and disabled ATT auto sync but still cant sync default address book with gmail!!!! ARGHHHHHHHH

crwallace2

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
If you can sync your BB with outlook and export to csv, or export your contacts to a csv file on your SD card using you BB you should be able to import them into your Gmail contacts via the Gmail website which will sync to your new phone.

Edit, or maybe you can export from ATT website and import to gmail? not sure how ATT's backup works

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry Desktop Manager (the PC application) has the ability to sync to a file, and CSV is one of the formats it supports. I don't remember the exact process, unfortunately, and I don't have BBDM installed on this particular computer.

abnikki

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
OK.. So was able to export into a csv but it keeps exporting the 17 contacts that were saved on the damn ATT address book. Its not letting me back up the default 178 contacts. I've been working with Blackberries for 5 years and never saw this before. Any ideas how I can do this??