Couple of questions

darkrisen

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got the phones 2 days ago. Jumped on the buy one get one free deal. I am coming from the BB storm 2. After spending hours and hours on the forums of this and other sites I have not found a way to do the following. I love the phone by the way and it is infinitely better than my old phone.

I have some pictures from my old phone. I know the screen size of this phone is 960 x 540. I can edit the pictures on my pc to be that size and when I save them to my phone they look perfect. But when I go to set them to be my wallpaper it tries to force me to crop the photo and therefore no matter how hard I try I cannot set the full photo as the wallpaper. Looking around online I have seen many people recommend different apps but out of the few I tried they all eventually either force the cropping or just take the option out and crop it anyway. Im a techie so I have been trying to play with sizes but cannot find the sweet spot to set the photo to where it still looks great and will fit correctly when the phone forces the crop. I have tried to find the folder on the phone where the default wallpapers are but apparently those folders are hidden and I also saw the system dump from Jerry but the link is dead. Can someone give me any other suggestions? Perhaps if someone knows the correct resolution to set photo's?

Second question. I have some old ringtones that I had on my blackberry but they sound horrible. The default ones aren't my style but the sound quality is great. I can grab programs online to re encode my files but was wondering if anyone knows the details of the best sound quality to set for them so they sound right.

I realize that this is long winded and also has most likely been asked before but spending hours and hours of searching hasn't gotten me anywhere so I appreciate any help I can get.

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
My guess on the WP is that it's made for multiple screens. The WP scrolls with you as you scroll right and left. You'll need to resize your photos again. I wish I could tell you what that size is. I imagine you could dl an android WP and find its properties. Good luck from another ex-Storm2 user!

Update: It's 960x854 pixels (from another forum)

darkrisen

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I tried that res and when it forces me to crop it still doesn't quite fit the entire picture. Thank you for the post though.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
1080 (wide) x 960 (high) is works... and it will always ask you to crop the image, just hold down on one of the crop lines and pull it out... when you hold down in the middle one of the crop lines it will allow you to resize the box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles