Is my Maxx battery bad?

missedtackle

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my phone, I was very disappointed... it was draining in less than 24 hrs and forced me to recharge at the end of the day. After playing around with some smart actions (e.g. disconnecting 4G data when there was wifi, stopping background sync in some circumstances and decreasing the frequency of checks), my battery life has improved dramatically. I'm at the end of my 3rd day of use without recharge and there's still 17% left.

XxRyuusukexX

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
checking my battery monitor on the razr maxx, it says display is taking up 47 percent of the battery, that just sounds way to high, what could cause that reading? dont have live wallpaper, brightness turned way down, sleep time at 30 seconds, no gps stuff enabled

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
checking my battery monitor on the razr maxx, it says display is taking up 47 percent of the battery, that just sounds way to high, what could cause that reading? dont have live wallpaper, brightness turned way down, sleep time at 30 seconds, no gps stuff enabled

Display should be taking up most of the battery, if anything else was, then you'd have a probelm.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I read on some battery widgets that on some phones, the Kernel is just written that way. Increments of 10%. Something we just may have to live with. I too am getting only about 15-18 but I’m working the heck out of it too. Not constant steaming mind you but doing a lot with it. I’m coming from a Samsung Charge that could make it 11 or so if I set it to 3G, turned off Background data and all three location services. Even with those settings, if I gave it the work out I’m giving this Maxx, it would run down in 6-8 easy. I’m now using 4G, data is on, still keeping my location services off till I need them and utilizing the Smart actions although I prefer My Profiles Lite to manage the various settings for home, work and car. BTY is that Galaxy SII someone mentioned a 4G device or just 3G? All in all, you can do so much more with this thing. If you want 24hrs, put in on 3G, turn off the data and roaming, location services and leave it on wifi overnight on your side table and you may reach that. Otherwise, just use the dang thing and enjoy. :cool:

Jamfish

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the conditioning tips earlier; will have to try that out tonight (drain-to-dead, re-charge).

I just got my Maxx on Wed (3/21, converted from BB Storm2), and I'm hopelessly addicted. Today, still checking frequently (bad!), running a lot of data-laden apps, 4G full-time, and have been off-charger for 6+ hours. Strangely, the batt use says '3h 44m ... on battery'. I assume that is not including screen-lock/sleep time? Or is there a different explanation?

Anyway, I'm at 61%, and it sounds like that's not too shabby. Perhaps putting it through a conditioning cycle will push it further?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante