not download ing to sd card

comptech520

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have some apps where I can download things.

I specify for the app to download to the SD card, but some some reason it still downloads it to the phone.

Any ideas?

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not, I have heard that the internal memory is listed as sdcard. In order to get them to the external sd card (or actual sd card), it is listed as ext sd card (or something like that).

I am not sure how to get them to sd card myself. I have tried, but they all still seem to show up on the phone

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not, I have heard that the internal memory is listed as sdcard. In order to get them to the external sd card (or actual sd card), it is listed as ext sd card (or something like that).

I am not sure how to get them to sd card myself. I have tried, but they all still seem to show up on the phone

That is correct, on the current crop of Moto phones internal storage is tagged as "sdcard" and the actual sd card/external storage is tagged as "sdcard_ext". I think they do this so that your phone actually takes advantage of the internal memory where as on some phones, like my incredible, it never sends anything to internal storage (sucks when you still have a 2gb card in it). I haven't seen a definitive way to move files automatically, you can use a file explorerer like Astro to move manually, but I haven't heard of another way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane