brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
IS there a method to root the Maxx or do you use the one for the original Razr??? If so can you use the same ROMS as the one for the original??

mobius99

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jJuIUkCPUog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I know I'm a complete newb but what is the advantage of rooting? I know I can search but I'm hoping for the readers digest version. Also, what are the cons to rooting. Obviously I've never done it but I'm considering it now.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I know I'm a complete newb but what is the advantage of rooting? I know I can search but I'm hoping for the readers digest version. Also, what are the cons to rooting. Obviously I've never done it but I'm considering it now.

Pros: You can load any ROM, not necessarily the one they gave you... like CyanogenMod... if they have a version for your device. Additionally, you can use the native free Wifi Tethering that is built into Android, which is available on most custom ROMs, and not the one Verizon charges us to use.

Cons: You VOID you warranty. You don't get (and SHOULD NOT Want to get) the OTA pushes... which will cause you all kinds of problems if you do... which also means either you use a Custom ROM, or you manually keep up with the rooted versions of the patches.

That is the readers digest version.

***EDIT: And let me stress... most people want to root their phone and then just don't know what they HAVE to do to make it work... and then they are back on the forum trying to find help, and who to guides for unrooting and getting it back to something they can work with and not worry about.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance