Does the Razr Maxx have a blinking red light like the blackberry or a similar type of feature to notify when a new email has been received? I have been doing some research on this and I have been unable to find out for sure.

What email notifications are you using on the Razr Maxx? How do you have it configured?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

wctc
    03-01-2012 06:42 AM
    Yes, there is a blinking LCD indicator when you get an email... it's NOT Red, I think it's actually Green when you receive an email or SMS message. And as far as configuring it... there is no configuration needed to make it work. Personally, I use Gmail, so there are plenty of notification settings in Gmail... so I prefer having the Vibrate notification with a specific ringtone I know for each of my Gmail accounts.
    Who-cut-the-cheese likes this.
    03-01-2012 07:20 AM
    Hi Fatboy97,

Thanks for the response. I don't intend on using Gmail; is my assumption correct in thinking that this LCD will work with exchange mail.(corporate mail)

Where is the LCD located?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

wctc
    03-01-2012 07:47 AM
    Hi Fatboy97,

Thanks for the response. I don't intend on using Gmail; is my assumption correct in thinking that this LCD will work with exchange mail.(corporate mail)

Where is the LCD located?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

wctc
    I don't use Exchange mail, but I'd imagine it's the same. The notification light is located on the upper left, just above the screen level with the front facing camera.
    03-01-2012 08:39 AM
    I am not sure how I did it but my gmail flashes green and my yahoo mail flashes red.
    03-01-2012 09:07 AM
    There's an app called Light Flow that lets you customize the LED colors as well as sound/vibrate notifications for Email and other events. It's great to look at the LED and know whether it's an SMS, Email, missed call, etc. by the color.
    03-01-2012 02:20 PM
    All -

Thank you for your assistance!
    03-01-2012 06:18 PM
    +1 for lightflow
    03-02-2012 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD