Hi, can anybody tell me if the screen dims at night when it's in the dock? I'm thinking of getting the dock but I hate when the screen lights up the whole car at night. Thanks
    03-01-2012 10:59 AM
    Does anybody have the dock yet? If so do you like it?
    03-05-2012 01:51 PM
    Mine is in transit it should be here in a couple of days. So if no one else answers the question I will try it then.
    03-05-2012 10:22 PM
    Yes it dims. But it dims all the way to nothing and comes back. But it's not to bright.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    03-06-2012 07:21 AM
    Hi, can anybody tell me if the screen dims at night when it's in the dock? I'm thinking of getting the dock but I hate when the screen lights up the whole car at night. Thanks
    The answer is yes. When you put it into the dock a menu will appear and ask you which format. I use the clock. It dims and every minute goes blank then moves like a screen saver.
    03-06-2012 08:02 PM
    Thanks! Now I just have to wait until the 12th for VZW to ship my phone.
    03-07-2012 12:12 PM
    My Nav Dock came in today and at first glance I'm impressed. Although the case I purchased can't be on the phone when docked. I like the way the phone fits into the dock itself. I'll report back more after I've had a chance to use it more. By the way if you also download the find my car app it will prompt you to note where your car is parked which is cool if your like me and forget where you parked your care at the airport.
    03-07-2012 05:10 PM
    I love the car dock although the usb sliding connector should have been made to connect more easily. I have to press it away from me as I slide it to connect.

By the way, I strongly recommend overriding the default car dock app with Car Home Ultra ($1.99 after 30 day trial). Although the default moto car dock app looks cooler, it does not provide the functionality one would want while driving, and the app buttons are not editable so I cannot have certain key apps on the dock screen. Whereas, CHU provides the functionality, flexibility and you can tweak the day & night color scheme to fit your car's display panel. Its overall design could be improved, though. It is still a much better dock app than the moto version.
    03-07-2012 10:02 PM
    Question: Which nav dock are you all speaking of?

When I'm in the car, my phone usually just sits between my legs or on the seat next to me, so I'm considering a dock for it. Can anyone explain/describe the dock for me?

TIA!
    03-07-2012 10:47 PM

This is the dock I just received.

Link to it. Razr Maxx Nav Dock
    03-07-2012 10:52 PM
    Click to view quoted image

This is the dock I just received.

Link to it. Razr Maxx Nav Dock
    Looks pretty nice, though I'm not a huge fan of the suction-style docks. My car (Mazda3) has a good slant on the windshield, so putting the dock w/in arms reach basically puts it right in my sight lines. Though, as I said, I am in need of something to hold my phone.

Does the phone 'snap in' to the dock, or does it rest in it and then the USB slider just goes in to secure it?

Also, where'd you get it and how much?
    03-07-2012 11:00 PM
    It snaps in and then you slide over the part where the Mini-USB port is and that secures it in the dock nicely.
    03-07-2012 11:05 PM
    While driving today, my Razr got a text message - it stopped the music that was playing over the car speakers and a voice said "say Listen if you would like to hear the message". I did and it played the text message - then it went back to playing music - never had to take my hands off the wheel. Awesome!

I wonder if they could add a voice activated reply...
    04-08-2012 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD