Going for two days on battery

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I've used my phone as normal today,.just used it as I normally would. I took it off charger at 5 am and it's 930 pm bedtime, and it has 50% left. So..that's 16.5 hours.
Display is 27%, OS is 19%, calls 18%, wifi 15% (it's been on all day) idle 5%, standby 5%, Facebook 4%, Mediaserver2%,Pandora 2%.
During that time, I've talked about 30 min. About 15-20 texts, showed a short 30 sec HD video I took yesterday, looked and browsed pix from a trip yesterday and showed those off to others, and browsed the net a little, 1 hour pandora, checked email and Facebook manually through that time. Kept screen down unless looking at pix then had it back up. Have it set to dim if not moved with smart assist. (cuz I forget to turn it back down sometimes)
Pretty awesome I'd say for a day of full normal use. I've been playing with it a few days and sorta settled into it now.

I'm going to put it in airplane mode tonite and just leave it off until 5 am again and see how long it lasts tomorrow.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not too shabby. My high is 46 hours with low-moderate usage, charged it with about 10-15% left. Sounds like, if you do airplane mode it tonight, you'll probably get it to 35-38 hours with around 15% left.

I've had relatively light usage on this charge cycle (though I was messing with BT for a half hour and do have about 10 minutes of voice calls), and I'm at 60% with 27 hours of up time. I could push my previous high this time around. I'm shooting for 50 hours, and if I just monitor my use tomorrow I should be able to hit it.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I got it to 48 hours, with the screen at 55% and browser at about 20%, battery got down to 8% before plug in. The internet at work is locked down so it's my primary internet tool during the day, the screen was on about 7.5 hours. It was a solid mix of 4g, 3g, and wifi during that time.

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I usually unplug my phone around 6:30am and when I plug it in around 10pm it is usually between 20%-40% left on the battery. My screen brightness stays on auto, I leave wifi off, and am in a 4g area from 8-4 while I'm at work. Like the previous poster though my internet at work is locked down so my phone is my primary source of internet during the day. Also I have the lapdock 100 I use at home some and I will run off wifi then since I'm on the edge of 4g coverage at my house. I know the lapdock charges your battery when you plug into it, but I've never noticed a rise or decline in my battery percentage after using it.

Ryan32973

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I can get 30 hours with normal usage... I have hit 32 once and that was after using it normally and i loved it, I still lose 22% every night with smart actions ETC set. I am not rooted, but it seems like 50 hours is a bit much with "normal" use...

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't know how you guys are doing this...I take mine off the charger at 7:00am and by bed time at 11:00pm it is down to around 20%. Could not get two days out of it if I needed to. Definitely enough to get me through the day but I do have to charge it every night.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just surfing the web I don't really need the screen to be bright, and for me it's plenty bright even at zero so that's where I leave it. The only smart actions I have is to turn off background data when the screen is off and while I'm asleep it turns off all cellular data. Also, when I'm on wifi it turns off cellular data. I take the phone off the charger at 730 and it goes back on at midnight and i'm usually between 40 and 50%.

My 48 hour stint involved some weekend time and my phone use isn't as heavy on the weekend, the day that I was working did most of the battery drain. 24 to 36 hours seems to be consistent with me and that's with normal use.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I can get 30 hours with normal usage... I have hit 32 once and that was after using it normally and i loved it, I still lose 22% every night with smart actions ETC set. I am not rooted, but it seems like 50 hours is a bit much with "normal" use...

What smart actions do you have set if you're losing 22% every night, I lose about 5% at night.

Ryan32973

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
1 that turns off the radios etc. All I need on overnight the ability to get phone calls due to work requirements. If you can offer some advise or settings you use, I WOULD LOVE to emulate that!

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like you have pretty much what I have, my overnight one shuts off background syncing, cellular data, and wifi, so the only thing that comes through is phone calls and text messages. Maybe you have a rogue app running down your battery, anything out of the ordinary show up under battery use?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine is just sort of a test really..I dunno if I'll keep it like this, I just wanted to see what the phone was capable of doing. You need to be able to USE and ENJOY what you buy. I might change mine as neeeded.
But:
-screen set to 10% unless viewing something that's needed to be brighter or showing off pix to someone. Have smart assist set to dim screen if phone left sitting without motion in case I forget to turn it back down.
-data sync OFF. Manually check Gmail and Facebook if needed. I actually like that better. Gives me more control rather than always hearing the dinging and feeling the need to respond to an email or FB msg.
-Wifi has been on.
-I put it in airplane mode last nite manually, but have a smart assist for it to go into airplane mode at 10:00-5 am. That said, we still have a house phone if someone needs to call us.If we didn't...I'd set it to have the ringer off and have VIP calling on for friends/family only.
-I've tried to use it now as I normally would a cell. But, really, it's hard cause it's new and you wanna experiment with it. Download new apps,etc. I've downloaded a couple of songs over the past day, few apps.I've streamed 2.5 hours of Pandora over the past two days. 20-30 texts..30-40 mins of talk time.

As of now.. I have 30% left and it's 12:30. So, it says 1 day 7 hours on battery as of now.
-NO task manager running except the native one.

Ryan32973

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you have pretty much what I have, my overnight one shuts off background syncing, cellular data, and wifi, so the only thing that comes through is phone calls and text messages. Maybe you have a rogue app running down your battery, anything out of the ordinary show up under battery use?

Did a safe mode/Airplane mode run as well...

It is odd.... I might try another complete reboot... Dunno, at a loss...

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, I did it!
It's bedtime and I still have 15% left. WOW...amazing. I really tried to think to do everything I normally would and not over or underdo it. I think the talk time is important and would run a battery down more, but I've only verbally talked about 30 minutes over the past two days.
I did do a lot of surfing this evening on it, downloaded Zedge app and surfed some ringtones and wallpapers.
So...
As I said, this was more of an experiment to SEE if the phone would last this long. I think if I'd MANAGED it more, I probably coulda got three days.
Awesome device my Maxx is.
very pleased indeed.

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I am loving the battery life on my Maxx and think its awesome some of you are managing to get the hours you are getting, but I just have to say this. Getting 2+ days out of a Maxx is like getting 30mpg out of a Ferrari. While its nice to do it just ain't right to cage the beast! ;)

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I am loving the battery life on my Maxx and think its awesome some of you are managing to get the hours you are getting, but I just have to say this. Getting 2+ days out of a Maxx is like getting 30mpg out of a Ferrari. While its nice to do it just ain't right to cage the beast! ;)

Totally agree dood. Just wanted to see what it was capable of doing AND see ways I could change how I use my phone overall that would help it retain battery life and not bother me.
For instance I learned I am fine leaving the phone on 10% screen, the powerful screen can use a lot of battery unnecessarily....and have the Widgesoid widget on homescreen handy for turning up quick when needed. The screen colors are too beautiful to show a pic to someone in 10% all the time. Or read, for that matter. Also, the smart asssist for turning it back down on no movement helped.
Also, data check. I liked not having my email/FB checked automatically. Took some pressure off and gave me more control over my day when I check/delete or reply to email manually. FB is cool, but there is certainly no need to drain a battery for it to push updates to me. I can check those manually and enjoyed that more when I had time to sit down.

In addition I have to say that when I saw the battery hit 20%, I was like "Uh oh..where's my charger"
..just instinct from my Droid X.
But...20% on Maxx is quite different. 20% can last a LOOONG time.
It was good though to see '1 day 17 hours' on battery when I went to bed.

But, yes, I agree. Monitoring it and governing it down so closely, that it affects how you enjoy Maxx's coolness, I think would be an error.
It's a really nice phone. One to show off and enjoy.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I definitely don't let my 'hyper-mileage' affect my use. I use the phone as often and as long as I like. Charged it last night, and hit 49 hours on the battery was was probably around 17%. I admit, being on wifi so much isn't typical, but if it lets me cruise to 2 days on a charge, I'm OK with it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz