FM Transmitter

Myrmaster

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for an FM transmitter for my new Razr Maxx. Is there one out there that doesn't have to take up my phone's charging spot in my car? I'd prefer not to get a battery operated one... Are there any that can charge and operate from a USB port? (My phone's car charger has an extra port in it)

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Your best bet would be to get an after market radio with the capability to Bluetooth music to it. I have one for sale, its a double din CD / DVD Sony.

Tapatalk via Razr Maxx

njgsregal

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Check out the parrot system it needs to be installed but it is a great system and allows everything from calls to mp3 to streeming. Little costly. But it was well worth it. I now have one in both my wifes car and my truck. Best of luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for an FM transmitter for my new Razr Maxx. Is there one out there that doesn't have to take up my phone's charging spot in my car? I'd prefer not to get a battery operated one... Are there any that can charge and operate from a USB port? (My phone's car charger has an extra port in it)

I believe Walmart had an FM transmitter that also charges your phone. I went with the little $13 battery operated one that plugs into your headphone jack... works great.

radef

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm a fan of my Motorola Roadster.

It's more than an FM transmitter, but I thought the FM transmitter capabilities were pretty good (I tried a Plantronics version before the Roadster and the Plantronics was junk).

It's battery powered (I know you said you didn't want that) but works great and is a breeze to install (sure beats a Parrot wired in installation - but the Parrot probably offers better sound and more features). Easy to take from vehicle to vehicle (I drive rentals a lot).

Just my 2 cents.

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I believe Walmart had an FM transmitter that also charges your phone. I went with the little $13 battery operated one that plugs into your headphone jack... works great.

Me and my wife use the same transmiiter. It's not as nice as having bluetooth, but it gets the job done.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just be careful with these. My wife had an iPod model of these, and a few years ago, it fried my iPod just from cranking up the car. That one hooked up through the data jack on the iPod (not the headphone jack), but could still send an unwanted surge to your phone depending on how its wired. So, I suggest if you do get one of these, unplug it BEFORE you turn off and turn on your car, if just to be safe.

Regardless, I've found Monster FM transmitters to be so-so, at best. Most brands on the market today are so-so, at best, as well, so its definitely not the best option. I have an old Kennsington model for my iPod and its AWESOME...still works after a good 8 years of ownership and gives a radio-quality signal (no static, barely any quality degradation). But, the new 'Liquid FM' models from the company are horrid, so avoid those.

Your best bet is:

1- Get a new stereo with an auxiliary jack on it or with BT capability.
2- See if you can retro-fit your stereo with a jack (easier on some cars, a lot harder/near impossible on others).
3- Buy a new car with a jack