Vibrate for Txt Meesages

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Just got my MAXX yesterday. Changed a few settings for sound and now my vibration for text messages doesn't work. I checked the text app and it says "vibrate upon notification". Anyone else run into this. Driving me nuts because I have to turn on volume or else I miss texts.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
In the "Text Messaging" app, push the Menu button, then select "Messaging settings", "Notifications" must be checked (on), then also have the "Vibrate" checked (on)... this will give you vibrate notifications, except when you have the device in "Silent" mode.

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
In the "Text Messaging" app, push the Menu button, then select "Messaging settings", "Notifications" must be checked (on), then also have the "Vibrate" checked (on)... this will give you vibrate notifications, except when you have the device in "Silent" mode.

Any other other ideas? I've already rebooted. Still nothing! :(

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I use an app called AudioManager... you can download it and put a little widget on one of you screens... I have it update only once an hour... but if I click on it, it will open and show all my sound settings... including if the Vibrate is set to on for Alerts Volume... you might want to check it out... it's free.

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I use an app called AudioManager... you can download it and put a little widget on one of you screens... I have it update only once an hour... but if I click on it, it will open and show all my sound settings... including if the Vibrate is set to on for Alerts Volume... you might want to check it out... it's free.

That worked! Thank you very much! Still would love to know where i missed this in the settings.

RickDMan

May 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks so much for posting this! My Razr Maxx hasn't been vibrating and I know I had everything set correctly. You have saved me a lot of frustration, because I can't stand when something doesn't work properly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane