Hi guys!

So I don't know if it's a glitch on some app that I downloaded or what!! But since I got my Droid Razr Maxx, every day the phone will just create a search shortcut for my home screen. The little shortcut with the magnifying glass... One day it created that shortcut for me 7 times. I have to keep dragging it to that trash bin every time it makes another one.

Has any one else experienced this?? What do I do to stop it?
    03-18-2012 09:44 AM
    I've never seen that before... the normal ROM will not do this... how about telling us what apps you downloaded?
    03-18-2012 10:39 AM
    Hi,
    i too am facing similar prob in my Moto Razr. Choconilla, please do update here if you have found a soln.
    04-03-2012 06:43 AM
    Try to uninstall "YouTube Downloader".
    05-03-2012 09:49 PM
    Its not only on tha maxx....i had a samsung fascinate and i had that problem too. I also get adds in my notification tray.
    05-04-2012 12:19 PM
    Its not only on tha maxx....i had a samsung fascinate and i had that problem too. I also get adds in my notification tray.
    It's not your phone. The notifications are Airpush ads that some apps use. Search for an airpush detector in the market and you can see which ones are doing it.

As for the shortcuts, this is also from apps you have installed, not from your phone or ROM. They usually install bookmarks in your browser as well.

All i can say is read the descriptions and reviews in apps before you download them. It will usually give you some indication as to which apps are shady or not.
    05-04-2012 01:00 PM
    Definitely sounds like an application pushing stuff to your phone.
    04-23-2013 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD