Razr Maxx - Battery Life

JSQ

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
[SIZMine seems to be doing just fine. I work 12 hour shifts and dont have the liberty of going home on time just about everyday. I bought the Razr Maxx just for its battery life and so far i am very impressed. I seem to be doing better since the update. Its 0943 here where I am and I have 50% batt left. That being said, the phone has been off the charger since yesterday at 0430. No complaints here!E="3"][/SIZE]

kellybecks

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
What does it mean to have the Display use 30% of your battery? I have already shut off the automatic brightness, took the roaming banner off and no window automation.....is there anythign else i can do to help on the battery.....i just the phone last week and i am not experiencing a great battery life...thanks

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
What does it mean to have the Display use 30% of your battery? I have already shut off the automatic brightness, took the roaming banner off and no window automation.....is there anythign else i can do to help on the battery.....i just the phone last week and i am not experiencing a great battery life...thanks

It means just exactly what you think it would... it means 30% of your battery used to that time is from the display.

One of my biggest recommendations to save you battery is to know your device... you need to know how often each of apps will sync data or use processor time. If your Facebook app sync's data every hour and you don't know it does that then you don't know your device.... that is one example. I don't know what you downloaded, or what app that were loaded by VZW and you checkout and might be running in the background now.

hooker13

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I get about 40 hours out of my Razr Maxx on a 3 to 5 hour charge. I have only charged it at home and not in the car. I really do not surf the web much or go on facebook with it. I have heard pros and cons for installing an apps killer, as well as problems with battery if you charge it over night or on a long car ride.

cgaines2101

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Fully charged yesterday at 3pm Central standard time. Unplugged it and usd phone like normal. Phone calls, texts, emails, facebook, games, took pictures, app store shopping, checking out app operations, checking stettings options and so forth. Used the smart app for the "sleep" option. I also used the bluetooth this morning to pair my phone to my car during my drive.

Just added a battery widget to get a more precise account of battery supply. Now 5pm Central time the next day I still show 15% battery life (estimate a little over an hour left os use). Checked my running apps and what I show running are:

Settings, Facebook, Words, scramble, Chat on, battery widget, My gallery, weather (?), Google Services, Maps, Backup assistant, Verizon location Agent, Sync Service IM and swype

Just noticed Google locations services is on and may have been on since 5pm yesterday when i was checking out the map. I have never opened weather, or IM at elast to my knowledge. But 26 hours this far is much more than my previous device.

GPS, and WiFi off all day, Bt minimal time, screen brightness maybe at 20%. Not sure what else I could do to see how much more battery I could actually get out of the phone. Overall I am pretty satisfied. Oh and when I got the phone I did the most recent update as well so can't compare to previous update version.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
All of the phone manufacturers need to take notice what Motorola has done with the MAXX :) the battery life makes me smile :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
All of the phone manufacturers need to take notice what Motorola has done with the MAXX :) the battery life makes me smile :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Agreed. If phone makers are now insisting on making the battery inaccessible and unreplaceable, then they'd better make sure the battery they put it is awesome.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Didn't use it much this week but used it when I needed to and this is what I got. Not too shabby:)

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I look at it this way. A battery's life actually depends on the number of charge/discharge cycles. With my old Droid Incredible, I started noticing the battery discharging more quickly at around the 2 year mark, so let's say that battery would have become pretty bad at around the 3 year mark. Most smartphones need to be charged up at night with typical use, so the practical duration of each charge is maybe 12-18 hours.

Now, with my Maxx, I go 2-3 days between charges. Conservatively, that's around 3 times as long as your average smartphone's charge duration. So hypothetically, if the Maxx's battery has the same number of charge cycles in its lifespan as your average smartphone battery and you're going 3 times as long with each charge, then the battery should last 3 times as long, which means somewhere in the 6-9 year range. By that time, Skynet or the Borg will have taken over, and we'll have smartphones implanted in our brains, so you won't really need your Maxx any more.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Maybe with older batteries it WAS bad... nothing wrong with charging these batteries as much as possible. I also charge mine every night, all night. Have done this with this type of battery for years with other smartphones without issues.

briang00

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
So I have had the Maxx for 2 weeks or so, came from a Fascinate and very much glad I did. Anyway the battery life was awesome initially but have noticed it seems to be getting worse..still better than the Fascinate. I am running Go EX Launcher, among other things. Been reading previous posts and pretty much having been following advice. One thing though. I plug it in at night when I go to bed and leave it plugged in all night. Should I not do that? Should I unplug once fully charged? Suggestions?

Lovin it though!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So I have had the Maxx for 2 weeks or so, came from a Fascinate and very much glad I did. Anyway the battery life was awesome initially but have noticed it seems to be getting worse..still better than the Fascinate. I am running Go EX Launcher, among other things. Been reading previous posts and pretty much having been following advice. One thing though. I plug it in at night when I go to bed and leave it plugged in all night. Should I not do that? Should I unplug once fully charged? Suggestions?

Lovin it though!

I say leave it plugged in all night, every night. I've been doing this with these types of batteries for years in several different Andoid and Blackberries. I'm not new to smartphones... and it seems the people here at AC have enough confidence in me to make me an Advisor and post this sticky thread.

I've used Go EX Launcher in the past with other ROMs... it's nice, but I felt it was overkill with Motorola's skin, so I did not load it.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Lovin it though!

The charging system on any phone made in the past 5 years at least is smart enough to not overcharge the battery - they top it up and stop, just restarting when the battery drops off a bit. Just leave it plugged in.

The battery in the Maxx is great stuff. Plus you get the advantage of a somewhat beefier handset, which makes using the thing a lot more pleasant. I understand the stylistic statement being made by the super thin phones, but at some point the phone has to stop being a fashion accessory and actually function well from a usability standpoint. The Maxx does that.

jd_jim

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
The charging system on any phone made in the past 5 years at least is smart enough to not overcharge the battery - they top it up and stop, just restarting when the battery drops off a bit. Just leave it plugged in.

The battery in the Maxx is great stuff. Plus you get the advantage of a somewhat beefier handset, which makes using the thing a lot more pleasant. I understand the stylistic statement being made by the super thin phones, but at some point the phone has to stop being a fashion accessory and actually function well from a usability standpoint. The Maxx does that.