Razr Maxx - Battery Life

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Update - SmartActions:

I had been using SmartActions to turn off Background Sync at night. I had Wifi turned on 24/7, but found out from Motorola that turning off background sync will not stop emails if Wifi is turned on.

Suggestion: Turn off Background Sync, Wifi, disable Cellular data, and Silent Ringtone to get a good night's sleep.

I was using smart actions to turn off background data and cell data when it was asleep and not charging. Worked perfectly on GB. Had to stop doing it on ics though because I noticed my data was not reactivating every time. Sure enough that wonderful new ics feature called Data limit would magically turn itself on and set a limit well under my unlimited usage. What a freaking pain in my a** ics has become.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

Reactions: bradenfontaine

stew930

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
First charge on the new Maxx and I am impressed.

Screen Time 5 hrs and 26 min. Thought it would be more since I just got it and have played with it a lot.

omie19

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
turned off 4g and it helped alot stupid ics cant stop me from having good battery life. i havent turned the phone off yet at all not even in airplane or sleep mode oh and i turned off wifi (gotta love unlimited data) and my brightness is down and i am not using any smart suggestions. :)
:p

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Talk about inconsistent. Didn't change much as far as usage goes. Not sure how I'm getting less then 12 hours when I got over the 30 the past few days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
ive noticed if i am not getting a good lock on GPS (cloudy, indoors, underground) my weather app will drain more battery. im doing nothing different, i just happen to be in a spot out of GPS satellites range. but my battery drain went from 80mA to 210mA. if a weather app doesn't get a good lock it will retry at a set interval until its gets a lock. some of those settings are not even visible to the end user.

omie19

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
there is if your do the code phone through the phone dialer for lte only. i would imaging it would be the same battery life only because its not looking for any other signal. as it would for 3g only as well its not looking for any other signal

omie19

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
yea it does it only takes a few seconds to put it back to 3g only so i dont mind that i guess i'll leave it til they have an update that fixes these radios so i can have my 4g back

BryanTheRed

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
My latest!
4b6c880d-eb80-a482.jpg

4b6c880d-eb8e-6945.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member