Anyone else have trouble re-acquiring 4G signal?

ecfinn

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I live in a non-4G area so somewhere on my drive home I lose 4G and activate WiFi when I'm in my house. The problem comes in that when I drive back into the office the next day I never pickup a 4G signal again. Each day when I get into the office I have to reboot the phone to get a 4G signal and then it works fine all day until I drive back in the next day. Lather/rinse/repeat each day...

Has anyone else noticed anything similar?

Eric

aslandholm

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
My first razr maxx would loose 4G then then I'd have to reboot to get it back. I took it to the store and they tried a new sim card but that didn't fix the problem. I took it back again and they replaced my phone. My new phone finds the signal on it's own. :)

ecfinn

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I was afraid you'd say that. My local Verizon store doesn't get a 4G signal either so it'll be very hard to convince them there's a problem.

It also took me weeks to get my phone setup the way I wanted it so I'm really not looking forward to doing it all again. I wonder if being rooted will cause a problem...

Last edited:

spazma7ik

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
There's a much easier way around this. Just put the phone in Airplane mode and when it goes completely into airplane mode, disable it and it will reseat the SIM card (you'll see a screen quickly flash) and it will recheck for 4G first. Works like a charm for me every time.

aslandholm

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
The first phone I had wouldn't reset after putting it into Airplane. It happend to go out while I was driving by a store so I went in and they tried that. I would have had it replaced anyway because I would have been doing that a lot.

My new phone does act like it's loosing data too sometimes but it's rarley and it acts different than my first phone. The 4G is still at the top and it's white when it happens but the arrows aren't doing anything and internet and gmail error out when I try to use them. Airplane mode does work to bring that back.

ecfinn

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't think being rooted is the problem either, but being rooted means I can't get a warranty replacement for it unless I unroot.

I tried the airplane mode trick this morning and it seems to work for a bit, but then loses the 4G signal again after a little while. Each time putting it into and back out of airplane mode brought 4G back, but it doesn't seem to be keeping the signal very well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante