MAXX on the way bye-bye DX...

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Finally pulled the trigger and order a MAXX last night. Currently on my 3rd DX and the screen is going bad on it again, so it was time to upgrade since the DX was no longer under warranty.

Looking forward to a new phone, have loved the DX and it's been a great phone, now if the MAXX was just get here real quick.

Best part is my wife has the mother-in-law on our phone plan, since I hadn't hit the 2 year upgrade date yet, I took her upgrade.....:):):)

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Messed with one on the store, definitely seems like it'll be the real deal. But, since I wasn't willing to switch carriers, Photon is on.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I went from an X to Maxx. Ummmm....it's not comparable. You're going to be so amazed. Hard to think it can get any better. Of course, I had my X on the day it came out two years ago...I thought it was the best then. LOL. Welcome and good luck.

cvo515

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I just got Maxx as a secondary device as I use my nexus. But I'm loving this thing. Just got it last night. Gonna see how this bad battery goes today, this is my first moto device since the og

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I went from an X to Maxx. Ummmm....it's not comparable. You're going to be so amazed. Hard to think it can get any better. Of course, I had my X on the day it came out two years ago...I thought it was the best then. LOL. Welcome and good luck.

I also got a Droid X1 on launch day. I went from that to the RAZR 11-2011. Without even noticing....the Droid X1 is the longest I've held a smartphone so far.

And I agree....X was a great phone....but after using the RAZR.... you will be amazed. Now I gotta see if I get a Maxx or one of these upcoming phones. Battery life out the box might be my determining factor. The Maxx might have set the bar for that for years to come.

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

Did the same thing!!! I got the $100 off email and immediately grabbed it. The two, seriously, are not comparable. I liked my X, but it just couldn't keep up with me (battery wise and processing wise). The MAXX literally does EVERYTHING I want it to and more. You'll love it man!!!

Also, it's fun to talk to other Android users and even the iPhone folks and say ... "Hmmm...I went to bed last night and still had 50% battery. Is that good??? I don't know. You don't get that? Really??? Weird."

:)

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
It's right now sitting on the FEDX Truck, hope he can drive fast and get it here real quick. :)

I'm a teacher ... and I asked my Assistant Principal if I could run to my house during our lunch break to grab mine, haha! I had to wait until almost 7pm that night to play with it though (school, tennis practice, Physical Therapy for shoulder...arg!)

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
It's right now sitting on the FEDX Truck, hope he can drive fast and get it here real quick. :)
How long did it take form the time you ordered it to the time it shipped? According to the VZW website, they're shipping a day after they're ordered, which isn't too bad. I suppose I have no hope at all of finding one in a store next Tuesday?

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I ordered it at about 7:00 Wednesday Evening and it was shipped out yesterday morning and was on the delivery truck here in Charleston, SC this morning.

Yea I'm sure it's going to blow the X away. The X was the first smartphone I have ever owned. Was going to wait a few more months, but with the spot on the screen getting worse and the battery starting to not last as long as it use to decided to go a head and get the MAXX.......

Reactions: djrakowski

covard

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine online at about 1 pm on Tuesday and it shipped out the same day at about 6 pm. It said it wouldn't ship till Wednesday originally, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair